cheezy board tracker 6-20. more vintage stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: cheezy board tracker 6-11 real fenders and chainguard

Cool creative idea :D

im half way tempted to rename it to the sheetmetal screamer.9 sheetmetal screws in this so far.
also this happened
-my older sisters boyfriend came down to meet the family yesterday, i didnt and still dont like him, but it could be worse, its not like he got kicked out of colleg- oh yeah he did. its not like he signed up to be a frontline shooter in the nav- oh yeah he did. well anyway, he came down from washington, i acted like i like him. was going good unti last night he walked through our garage and my sister told him "this is my brothers *lare*, he builds these *things*" i chuckled a little because she knows me and my bikes. then he said it "you know that bike wouldnt look so stupid if you put normal handlebars on it". . . . . . :| . . . my mom and sister looked at me, gave me a "shut up and walk away" look. i couldnt believe he just said it. well i didnt keep my mouth shut "you'd look less stupid if you kept your mouth shut" and walked away. strike one. later he said i looked like a tool for wearing knee high socks. i told him when he finds a tool to fix skin cancer, then ill buy it from him. strike two. woke up this morning, and he called me "little bro". . . :!: strike three.

I love the bike, everything but the white on the forks. Seems like they should be chrome or black? That notwithstanding, you've done a killer job on this.

I'm liking those Tek screws, we use 'em all the time at work! Screw anything to anything!

Bike's looking great, and remind the boyfriend there that you've got 7 thousand friends here reading this who are willing to help you get rid of a body! :shock:

Keep on doin' what you're doing! It's looking tough.

--Rob

swapmeet for tubes and a new tire tommorw! whoop whop! (1:42, just ame from the drive in)

well after a sugar rush of epic proportion wore off, and i got a solid 3 hours of sleep, i gt tubs from the swapmeet. theyre on, but i also need to put a cain on and finish the patina in afew places. so it might need a fork in it by this afternoon.

note: took the pegs off, im not to sure bou them. ill take a picture with andwithou and try to decide.

well today went horribly i guess. put tubes in and aired them up. fine. rolled it and heard a racket coming from underneath, the fenders are rubbing in the front bad. and i mean baaaaad. rear tire should be bettr right? nooot. that fenders mount was rubbing all over like a lonely dog at the first sight of a human.fixed the rear, but i have no idea bout the front, just no room up there. so i took off the front fender, and went to work on the chain. cut two and made one, which was fine, but then a randon link popped, why? way to much tourqe on it.i didnt even tighten it! so it couldnt get worse right? wrong. bought pedals earlier at the swapmeet, three piece (which i didnt realize) so theyre sitting.and i had to cut an inch out of the handlebar mounts to get it down so it doesnt look stupid, so now i have to get a shorter bolt tommorow.
all thats left is
-mount front and rear fender right
-change pedals to single piece crank size
-patina one side
-cut bar mount correct
-go to store
-not cry

Re: cheezy board tracker 6-12 bad news

Yeah dude, plenty of time left in this build off. Bike is looking sweet. Seat looks great so slammed. If you're able, cut the thread down on the bolt for the stem, save a bit of cash at least (unless you gotta buy yourself a tap and die set).

Good luck with the rest of the build.

shorter head bolt, and a wedge for the handlebars. wedge was cracked, soooo. . .i have no bars right now either. ill take a whack at the pedals i guess. :|

alas! some success! converted new three piece crank pedals to one piece crank size, and painted them black! succcess!

cheezy board tracker 6-13 better news

snydur said:
alas! some success! converted new three piece crank pedals to one piece crank size, and painted them black! succcess!

It would be great to hear how.

Re: cheezy board tracker 6-13 better news

druggedonions said:
snydur said:

It would be great to hear how.
014-4.jpg
well simply put, the only difference in the axles it the thread size. i do have a step by step on my camera. . .which is with my mom. so i will post some more just for you later. :mrgreen:

you know what that is? its a bolt, that has been tightened, in order to hold my handlebars on, so when im riding this thing, they dont come loose. :mrgreen: and they didnt come loose when i rode it around the block. now lets get these .... fenders on!
015-6.jpg

finally figured out how to do this alot faster.
pictures here --> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 1cc0ba8749
i took it out for a 2 mile ride to an abandoned and demolished warehouse, and since it was doing sso well, figured i would take some pics. spoke to soon. i for got to secure the brake arm, which looseden when i stopped, and my tire slammed into the side of the frame. i dont really mind, but the wak home wasnt to good. got some good pictures. rode it to summerschool today:not a hitch other than the bars werent tight, which was my fault.four people asked if they could sit on it, so ofcourse i said yeah, and apprently it looks like a motorcycle because three of the four people who sat on it started making motorcycle noises. but alas, it was a successful day. :D now to the front fender!

Re: cheezy board tracker 6-15 DONE?!?!?!

Dude, great pics! You might just win not only for a sweet ride but for some killer photography. Lookin' good!

Re: cheezy board tracker 6-15 DONE?!?!?!

thanks alot! hahha. ive been saving my moneyfor afew things, on of them is a camera of my own. seeng as we payed 100 for the one i use now, i donthave uh longer to wait. hahaha :mrgreen:

snydur said:
you know what that is? its a bolt, that has been tightened, in order to hold my handlebars on, so when im riding this thing, they dont come loose. :mrgreen: and they didnt come loose when i rode it around the block. now lets get these dang fenders on!
015-6.jpg
i guess i dont get enough irony in my diet. hahah. shavedthe headtube a bit so the wedge fits better. and it rides like a dream (well, the position your riding it in, maybe a nightmare)

Back