Camelback Varsity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thrift store find. I think I paid a bit much at $99.00 and California sales tax at 8% plus. Sucker born every day and they saw me coming. Never seen one of these frames live in color and had to have it. EN602348 serial makes it a May 1977. Clean used bicycle, looks all original with nice paint, awesome factory Schwinn gumwalls but a funky depression on the rear tire from sitting with no air. Tried to massage it out but no luck. Hope its not a rim issue. What to do with this one? Leave it alone or start some mods? Flip it? What do you all think?
HawthornPhillipsCamelbackVarsity004.jpg

That is a sweet red on that bike. I did this with mine for a build off. It was called blue streak.
Octebay09011.jpg

Octebay09008.jpg

Octebay09009.jpg

I never finished it in time for the deadline. I had a recent avilanche in the garage which of course messed up the paint. I'm thinking about changing to a three speed coaster rear. This is by far my favorite of my bikes to ride.

Is the rear rim dented by the valve stem..? on the Red Varsity..

never seen that frame badged as a varsity, nice find!

I have that frame but its on an all original speedster 1973 weird. I was given a 1977 varsity today in that color but not a camel back it was so trashed and missing so much stuff i took the forks, headset , brake system and scraped the rest .

Yours looks great and honestly i dont think that was to much , thats a fair price in the summer you could probably get 125-150$ for it 8)

Back