Camelback Varsity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thrift store find. I think I paid a bit much at $99.00 and California sales tax at 8% plus. Sucker born every day and they saw me coming. Never seen one of these frames live in color and had to have it. EN602348 serial makes it a May 1977. Clean used bicycle, looks all original with nice paint, awesome factory Schwinn gumwalls but a funky depression on the rear tire from sitting with no air. Tried to massage it out but no luck. Hope its not a rim issue. What to do with this one? Leave it alone or start some mods? Flip it? What do you all think?
HawthornPhillipsCamelbackVarsity004.jpg

That is a sweet red on that bike. I did this with mine for a build off. It was called blue streak.
Octebay09011.jpg

Octebay09008.jpg

Octebay09009.jpg

I never finished it in time for the deadline. I had a recent avilanche in the garage which of course messed up the paint. I'm thinking about changing to a three speed coaster rear. This is by far my favorite of my bikes to ride.

Is the rear rim dented by the valve stem..? on the Red Varsity..

I have that frame but its on an all original speedster 1973 weird. I was given a 1977 varsity today in that color but not a camel back it was so trashed and missing so much stuff i took the forks, headset , brake system and scraped the rest .

Yours looks great and honestly i dont think that was to much , thats a fair price in the summer you could probably get 125-150$ for it 8)

Back