camel back frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
did a search and theres no dedicated thread to just these frames.
you, know. like a regular diamond frame but the top tube is curved(humped)
i've built a couple and will be building another soon, and i'm on the lookout for another.
000_0009.jpg

000_0004-3.jpg

so, what have you guys got?

Personally speaking I absolutely love camel/humpback frames! :D
It's not a very good quality picture (and I've since added a black, bullet style front light) but here's my 1982 Raleigh Bomber:

bomber_on_site_zps8fe34ebd.jpg

Hope you like it?
Will

its funny you started this thread cuz i just picked this one up last weekend for 5 bucks. i really loved the shape of the frame, all i have to do is get rid of all the clutter on it and it should be a sweet looking bike ( still not sure what i will do colorwise ). havent done a thing with it yet ( what you see in the pic is how i got it ) not a very flattering picture as it is just flung on the basement floor for a quick picture. tinker tinker tinker :wink:

DSCF2516.jpg

i just got this from fellow member charles.
just a raliegh frame. i forgot that they had odd brit bearings. i dug thru my parts bin and found cool cups/bearings races and a fork that'll work. well maybe not the fork :x
i wanted to use a 27" or 700 wheel on this but well see.i think this will be put on the back burner for awhile. i got 2 or 3 other bikes waitin to be built :shock:
IMG_50451.jpg

IMG_50461.jpg

well , this is what i did with it ( for now ) :wink:
quite different than the before shot
i love the frame though, i cut n ground all the cable tabs and chain guard tabs , fender tabs , etc.
( it started life as a 72 schwinn collegiate 5 speed )
ive got cool plans for it but for now it stationed on the lamp post hahahha. in reality its one less bike in my workshop ( kindda killed 2 birds ya know )
DSCF2561.jpg

bike2112 said:
1920's who knows frame and fork

DSCN4453.jpg

Looks Westfield but can you post a pic of the top of the fork & SN on bottom of BB to tell for sure. Same chainring as my 1930 Hartford camelback built by Westfield I'll be posting in this thread soon.

Westfield built 1930 Hartford Camelback currently undergoing a full refurbishment under builds at:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43005

Should be finished this month and I'll add finished pics when completed. Finally got the last item I needed today, 700c rims.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Here's all I started with, a parted out bike.

1930Hartford_WestfieldMfg00.jpg

SHELBY FLYING CLOUD
Around a 1936 with 700x40c riders
HPIM6229.jpg

HPIM6245.jpg

HPIM6230.jpg

Not your typical camel back frame. This is a lugged ballooner Rugby frame. Sadly, I think this bike is going to a new home in a couple of weeks.

rugbyrat2.jpg

this is the same bike that was the 1st pictured in this thread.
i build it for a friend. she loved it but said her back would hurt after 10 or 15 minutes of riding.
so i gave it a facelift. more like a "city" bike.
000_0003-18.jpg

I'd be on that like a fly on poo if it was near me. But I want one right now for a build. Working on getting one but things gotta sell and all that fun stuff.

this is the 2nd bike pic in this thread.
i'll try to find pix of how i got it and than the first build and the new build.
i just finished it a few weeks ago. got to much $ into it :roll:
the only orig part was the frame
the hardest part was the 1 to 3 piece crank set :p
000_0003-3.jpg

000_0004-3.jpg

000_0004-22.jpg

My new Camel Back Frame. A craigs list seller had 8 for sale. PRO Cycle. Unknown model, 17 inch frame. Got it for $20. Just need a donor bike to use for parts.

DSCN1895_zps59a99be1.jpg

Latest posts

Back