Burrito build-off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should there be a burrito build-off?

• awesome idea man!

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • doesn't really matter to me

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • bad idea

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of a burrito build-off? modified frames allowed, obviously, and we'd have rules to keep it on a level playing field.

1. frames cannot be made entirely from scratch(has to be made somewhat from random bikes from the garbage, friends houses, goodwill, where ever you can find them)

2. paint must be kept to a minimum(spray cans if necessary)

3. must be built as low as possible

4. built as cheaply as possible

5. built with whatever you choose, so if you want to make a 20" burrito with rare magnesium wheels, go for it

6. kickstands allowed if you really need one :roll:

7. jackshafts and other chain interuptions are not mandatory, serve no purpose, other than keeping anything from getting caught in the chain and making the bike look cool.

8. if you use old bikes, anything near rare, you get a gold star for bravery :wink: (i want to do a skiptooth burrtio :lol: )

i hope im not stepping on any toes, i would just really like to open up build-off options. i know im in for it, are you?

if the timing is right for me i'd try it. someone had asked about how i built my 'hood cruiser and i was going to try and document the next one i did. if i happen to come up with a frame when the buildoff happens i'll let it be part of that. i admit i'd just be making a copy of what i've made before. i don't know how that fits into the rules or whatever.

I thought there was going to be an "anything" goes build off, not JUST burritos...............Could be same basic rules just not necessarily a burrito. Like a stretch cruiser, a recumbent, a tall bike or whatever your imagination brings.

stretch said:
8. if you use old bikes, anything near rare, you get a gold star for bravery :wink: (i want to do a skiptooth burrtio :lol: )

That might break rule number 4. 3 lengths of Skiptooth chain at $30-50/each. :shock:

that sounds good, i would enter that buildoff for shure!

cman said:
stretch said:

That might break rule number 4. 3 lengths of Skiptooth chain at $30-50/each. :shock:
true.. didnt think of that.. dang. but the anything goes build off might work! burritos, tall bikes, swing bikes, maybe even a unicycle. :lol:

yes i think there should be a burrito build off. its not my kind of bike but it would be cool for the people who want to build them.i would like to see what kind of metal fab skills the builder can show off.

i think its a great idea for those who like that style bike .personally burritos arnt my thing but i know alot of others who would really be happy to build a burrito :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
I thought there was going to be an "anything" goes build off, not JUST burritos...............Could be same basic rules just not necessarily a burrito. Like a stretch cruiser, a recumbent, a tall bike or whatever your imagination brings.
Oh yeah, I'd like that.................I'd like that a lot! I feel a bizzarre build feeling coming over me. Yeah , there it is again :shock: . I promise it won't have plaid this time but if we wait to long my bizzarre could get worse :wink:

GL

well, lets get steve in on this.. STEVE!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINION! :lol:

Graylock said:
KOTA said:
Oh yeah, I'd like that.................I'd like that a lot! I feel a bizzarre build feeling coming over me. Yeah , there it is again :shock: . I promise it won't have plaid this time but if we wait to long my bizzarre could get worse :wink:

GL

I believe you have a point Graylock. If we keep going in the direction we are going, the bikes will all start to look alike. Not that it's a bad thing to have a garage full of rat rods, but some of us need to let go of the chains here, be a little more free with the builds. I think this last build brought on some of that creativity. But will this still be a Rat Rod? It'll be fun.
That old codger KOTA says it all. I tend to go along with his thoughts since he started to drink bottled water. He seems sane, nice guy I hear.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

gl

well so far so good, got 54% as good, and only 6% as bad.
RPJ said:
what about a Burrito swing bike??
my friend wants to turn every bike i have into a swing bike since he borrowed mine. :roll: but he suggested i do one, but ill pass. you can do that. :wink:

Latest posts

Back