BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dragnusa said:
So how many builds are in the shake down ride stage already?

Not mine. I need some welding first and that may be 2 weeks from now.

yoothgeye said:
Go to my build and weigh in on what I'm thinking about:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56352&start=585

I did, I say go with the Higgins Amish Ape Bike

Picture+47.png

dragnusa said:

Mine is, realistically. I haven't really ridden it yet, as I put it down to build a scratch built frame, but I only have a few touches left on Hood Rat. Wiring, and whatnot.

Okay Page 3 and 4 builders. Only about 6 weeks to go.

Jump back in and give us an update of what's been going on with your build.

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

So when does the "Finished RRBO7" Forum go on line?

Is it me or is Rustoleum getting crazy endorsements and money these months. Oh and my seat voting is still open. GTB!!!

I saw this at Home Depot the other day. Didn't buy it, but would be great for a steampunk build

WP_001931.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I saw this at Home Depot the other day. Didn't buy it, but would be great for a steampunk build

These were used in a steam punk build last year... great minds and all... :mrgreen:

Also saw this at a smaller hardware store. Looks like it would make a cool light

WP_001896.jpg

dragnusa said:

I've ridden my mine around. It rides REALLY nice. I also took it to a show already even though it isn't finished. All that's left is to swap out the rear wheel and get the headlight working.

So, this is my first build off as a builder and a voter. I've been thinking about my votes as I look at the build threads and I was wondering how you guys do your voting. I am not talking about what you're looking for or who you're voting for, but more how you narrow it down with so many quality entries? I am thinking maybe the first time through, just weed out the ones I know I'm not voting for. Then maybe give the remaining entries a score of 1-10? After that do a tie-breaker for the 100 or so bikes that I gave a "10"??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry66 said:
So, this is my first build off as a builder and a voter. I've been thinking about my votes as I look at the build threads and I was wondering how you guys do your voting. I am not talking about what you're looking for or who you're voting for, but more how you narrow it down with so many quality entries? I am thinking maybe the first time through, just weed out the ones I know I'm not voting for. Then maybe give the remaining entries a score of 1-10? After that do a tie-breaker for the 100 or so bikes that I gave a "10"??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a good plan.

I usually look through all the finished bikes and narrow down my choices, then look back at their build thread to see just what they had to go through to get to the finish line and that will usually knock some out.

Back