BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
furyus said:
Ok, maybe this is posted somewhere else, but I'm not finding it. How does the Build-Off (or in my case, Assemble-Off) work? How do the bikes get voted on? Does any registered RRB member get to vote, or only RRBBO #7 participants? When does voting commence, and for how long? How are hanging chads reconciled?

Thanks!
furyus

Your first question says how does the build off work, see the rules for that one. After the build-off is over the build forum gets locked, the finished bike forum will have already been opened for a while before that. Once the final day comes the finished bike section is locked. Then all finished bikes will be compiled and a poll will be opened. Every member of RRB.com is able to get their 3 votes, whether they know what a build-off is or not. :lol: Not sure how long the voting a lasts, a few days maybe. You can follow the poll results once you have voted to see how it is all shaping up.

Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for. I knew the build rules but was unsure of how it all finished up. Very cool. Thanks.

furyus

Everyone gets 3 votes (all at once) and you only vote once. If you start asking your facebook friends to join the site and come vote for you, we will come to your house and remove all the rust off of all of your bikes and remove all aftermarket parts. Sorry, that's just the rules. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Everyone gets 3 votes (all at once) and you only vote once. If you start asking your facebook friends to join the site and come vote for you, we will come to your house and remove all the rust off of all of your bikes and remove all aftermarket parts. Sorry, that's just the rules. :mrgreen:

I loathe FB, so no compliance issues with that rule.

furyus

yoothgeye said:

Good one yoothgeye! Let's see if we can get Steve to add that to next years rules!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I didn't do a count, but I think there have been 2-4 new build entries in the past week.

Of course there are some that have went into hibernation too. We need to wake up dem der bares.

kingfish254 said:
I didn't do a count, but I think there have been 2-4 new build entries in the past week.

Of course there are some that have went into hibernation too. We need to wake up dem der bares.

Let 'em sleep, regret is a good motivation for next year.

I'm pretty much done with mine,debating on spending more $ for tires or just going with what I have...
My thread can hibernate awhile longer....

Hey guys, getting wheels laced at the LBS is allowed isn't it?
I am pretty sure others have done this.

furyus said:
yoothgeye said:

I loathe FB, so no compliance issues with that rule.

furyus
I WANT AN T-SHIRT OF YA AVATAR. WITH IT SAYING "WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT MY BIKE!!" :wink:

I'm a newbie at this, but wouldnt that be just like buying a set of wheels...which is allowable, correct?

kingfish254 said:

Bighit admitted to this, I'm sure others are doing it. We are having a bike build-off, not a "who's the best bike mechanic build-off."

If I had wheels to build, money, and a bike shop, that would be the way I'd do it, but I'd ask to watch.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Bighit admitted to this, I'm sure others are doing it. We are having a bike build-off, not a "who's the best bike mechanic build-off."

If I had wheels to build, money, and a bike shop, that would be the way I'd do it, but I'd ask to watch.

Especially when the money just came from the profit of flipping yard sale stuff on ebay. Basically, I can justify it as geting them laced for free. :mrgreen:

I also just want the wheel done right with that Sexy Nexy 7.

I laced my 3 speed Screamer 2 wheel as a young teenager, but I was poor back then.

Man I'm seeing some awesome talent and creativity in this Build Off. There really needs to be some unofficial sub-catagory shout outs.

Although I can't say I've thoroughly gone through every single build thread, but so far there are some AMAZING creative details in the following builds:

Awesome SPRINGER - Bean with Atomic-Punk

Awesome HEADLIGHT - Raggedjim with LOCO-CYCLE

Awesome TANK - Roadmaster with 38 Special

Awesome PAINT - ?

Awesome use of ACCESSORIES - ?

Awesome.....?

Feel free to quote and add some threads here.

Dude, I'm seriously flattered.

I just want to give a general shout out to everyone who is still building, but be warned, I am filing your good ideas for future builds! I'm not proud...

The bikes you mentioned are on my short list (which is actually too long to call a short list, there are too many great builds going, voting will be difficult...)

Thanks, Rg

Critter1 said:
raggedjim said:
I just want to give a general shout out to everyone who is still building, but be warned, I am filing your good ideas for future builds! I'm not proud...
"Imitation is the best form of flattery"

Go for it!!

Yes, I fully expect to see a bunch of aquatic mammal shaped chain guards in RBBO8!

Rg

raggedjim said:

Why wait for future builds???? Use them for this build off!!! :wink:

raggedjim said:
Yes, I fully expect to see a bunch of aquatic mammal shaped chain guards in RBBO8!

Rg

is that with or without the new (and in fashion this season) Krylon Ivy Leaf green paint? :shock: :mrgreen: :D 8)

Back