Budget build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the paintjob on the rear fender and how the support brackets are very upright.

I agree about how much stuff ends up in a large workshop - I have three barns and after tow and half years of throwing things out I am still not sure what is in all of them...
I Have 2 barns all my stuff got moved out of the one and placed in this one, daughter decided to make the other one a photo studio

20230927_173723.jpg

installed the seat and sissy bar, mounted the handle bars but not liking how short they look

You've got a good eye for 'what looks right'. Vision is the precursor to execution of ideas, and you are on the right track for sure!

I like your array of finishing products. Can you tell me about the order you used them in and your process? The paint looks great on both frame and fender! Really liking this build!

paint for sconie.jpeg

You've got a good eye for 'what looks right'. Vision is the precursor to execution of ideas, and you are on the right track for sure!

I like your array of finishing products. Can you tell me about the order you used them in and your process? The paint looks great on both frame and fender! Really liking this build!

View attachment 250218
The way I did was sandblast frame, then used rust converter (small pits in frame), then epoxy primed, light sanding of area with pitting, respray with filler and sandable primer, continue sand and prime till pits gone, spray with primer sealer, then paint with color, then sprayed with metalflake, then sprayed with clear (coat as needed to be smooth)

Back