Budget build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time trying this. Starting with a murray eliminator 24-20 parts bike, trying to go with an school chopper look. It pic as picked up 2nd pic rough mock up
Screenshot_20230626_211933_Facebook.jpg
20230701_124507.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! That's a really cool project. I like the long fork and the pink banana. Looks like the sissy bar could be laid back a little. Are you going to paint it or leave the rusty patina? Either way, great start.

A tip on posting pics, when you upload them to the post you can click on the 'insert' at the top of the thumb and then select 'full image' for bigger pics.
247074-20230701-124507.jpg

Welcome to the forum! That's a really cool project. I like the long fork and the pink banana. Looks like the sissy bar could be laid back a little. Are you going to paint it or leave the rusty patina? Either way, great start.

A tip on posting pics, when you upload them to the post you can click on the 'insert' at the top of the thumb and then select 'full image' for bigger pics.View attachment 246925
Plan on painting to match the seat. Almost all the parts I am going to use are from free bikes I have picked up

RaT oN~! Welcome to the build off fun on RRB. Cool start and plan. Keep the updates coming!

I love the paintjob on the rear fender and how the support brackets are very upright.

I agree about how much stuff ends up in a large workshop - I have three barns and after tow and half years of throwing things out I am still not sure what is in all of them...

Back