British Steel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I'm only 16 so I don't have enough money or knowhow to have amazing bikes like there are on here.. and to make things worse I'm in the UK so american bikes are hard to find.

Here's what I have so far to make up for it:

An Edwardian Humber (or might be Raghleigh) womans sit up and beg stepthru which is the big one on the right. (featured in an old post I did)

An old Humber roadster (probably 30's) which has a proper rat rod look to it. With rusty atina body, old style lights, rod brakes and new white walls.
(second right)

A pretty much mint condition green Raghleigh of the same age second from left.

And another step thru called a Winchester (might be wrong, I'll check later how it's spelt)

They're all rod brake and british with sturmey archer 3 speed gears apart from the Winchester is BSA 3 speed and the Edwardian big bike is single speed.

Here's a photo of them all, I'll take more later and put them up on here :)

61329_436135042972_842792972_4895297_5200095_n.jpg

deorman said:
Old Brit-bikes are awesome, we love 'em here. Pedal and motor alike. 8)
yep...not to mention the Brooks saddle seat that we can't get enough of.

Yep, the rat one has a gorgous 80 year old Brooks saddle :p

Soooo comfy.

The green one has a fairly ok seat too which is orangey tan colour as you can see.

As for the other two, the edwardian's original saddle was sold years ago by my Dad on eBay before the bike was working/clean and was just a wreck in one of our workshops. And the Winchester (I'll find out in a minute what the real make name is) just has a horrible crap thing. :lol:

Nice stuff there , I like that English bikes too. I have old 50's Rudges and some 60's Raleigh, not to mention some Philips. My wife got me a good deal at a yard sale of a "69 Robin Hood in excellent shape with orginal tires and all. That one looks and rides the best.

The owner of my LBS rides a Raleigh with lever brakes and threw saddle bag on it. Love the Brit bikes.

Graylock

Latest posts

Back