Bought a couple of bikes the american pickers passed on.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Here is the Colson built Firestone Cruiser the American Pickers passed on in the first season of the show. and the other bike is a Flyer motobike I believe dont know alot about them. and The White Castle in the front yard was very cool.
]
070037.jpg
[/url]
]
070049.jpg
[/url]
070112.jpg
[/url]
]
070121.jpg
[/url]
Found out this is a Colson Flyer :D
070145.jpg
[/url]
]
070154.jpg
[/url]
070214.jpg
[/url]
The Girls Firestone is a nice match to the boys Super Cruiser I got earlier this Year. :D
]
122426.jpg
[/url]

oldschoolcolo said:
so what did the guy have to say abt american pickers?

I've always wondered if ther person selling feels ripped off once they watch the show and see what the items REALLY go for.

I wonder the same thing, I mean making a dollar is one thing but I've seen some that they pay $100 and it's worth 10 times that.

outskirtscustoms said:
oldschoolcolo said:
so what did the guy have to say abt american pickers?

I've always wondered if ther person selling feels ripped off once they watch the show and see what the items REALLY go for.

I wonder the same thing, I mean making a dollar is one thing but I've seen some that they pay $100 and it's worth 10 times that.

Yep. It's one thing to never know...but to see yourself on TV...ouch!

The guy said when they came to his place the show had never aired it was last Oct when they where there so no one knew anything about Mike and Frank and what they where doing. He said if he knew what the show was really all about he would have sold more to them but he thought It was some kind of scame or something. he talked alot about american pickers watches it every week.

I took the basket off the front of the motobike and found is was also made by Colson. A Colson Flyer :D Did this bike have a tank at one time anybody know.

npence said:
I took the basket off the front of the motobike and found is was also made by Colson. A Colson Flyer :D Did this bike have a tank at one time anybody know.
The tank might have been an option, but I don't think that schwinn sweetheart sprocket was! I would say someone had their greasy fingers in there at one time!

The Sweet heart sprocket was used on more then one brand of bike besides schwinn like Dayton, Colson and probably acouple of others I think there is around 4 different variation of the sweet heart and have to be an expert to tell the difference in them. But I believe this one is the correct one for this bike though.

Nate, was cool seeing those last night. If you put your ear close to the tank you can still here Frank and Mike talking :mrgreen: I think they are both nicer than your photos show. Nice find.....even better story to go with them!

Nate, Take a picture of your headbadge for me on that colson flyer. I think I have the same bike as you. Mine has the same frame,crank,and mine has a tank though. My headbadge doesn't have enough left of it to tell what it is? Thanks!

I tried to take a pic of the headbadge kind of hard to get all the detail. but here it is hope this helps Slick.
063850.jpg
[/url]

Kool thanks. Well now i'm completely baffled what mine is then? My headbadge is similar but then again it looks like just glue residue that's left on mine from years ago. Someone started restoring mine and stripped all of the paint to bare metal then rattle bombed it, unfortunately. Idiot! My I.D. number is 5i4644. Is this similar to yours? I'm going to post on the Cabe and see what those guys say.
Photo311.jpg

Latest posts

Back