Bought a couple of bikes the american pickers passed on.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
npence said:
The Sweet heart sprocket was used on more then one brand of bike besides schwinn like Dayton, Colson and probably acouple of others I think there is around 4 different variation of the sweet heart and have to be an expert to tell the difference in them. But I believe this one is the correct one for this bike though.

I've got a 26" Colson camelback with a sweetheart, too. I think mine is also correct and would be happy to post a pic for reference if you wanted. :D Great scores, got to love a solid old Colson! Makes me really miss my Blister Tank/Flying Ace.

npence said:
WOuld love to see pics of the camelback

Here it is. :mrgreen:

2vchlvm.jpg

sy6o49.jpg

2qurdk5.jpg

4iee5l.jpg

npence said:
Here is the Colson built Firestone Cruiser the American Pickers passed on in the first season of the show. and the other bike is a Flyer motobike I believe dont know alot about them. and The White Castle in the front yard was very cool.

The Girls Firestone is a nice match to the boys Super Cruiser I got earlier this Year. :D
]
122426.jpg
[/url]

Hey,!!! more Transformer's reflectors! Cool!

is that what those are I couldnt figure out what they where. did they come in cereal boxes or something look cheap but cool

npence said:
is that what those are I couldnt figure out what they where. did they come in cereal boxes or something look cheap but cool

Yep, says Kellogg's right on the back.

They where made by Colson for one year in fall of 41to spring of 42. because the war broke out in Dec 41 so production stop and never made this model again and at the time sold for $47.00 so not a cheap bike either only the rich had the super cruiser. :D

Man I can visualize the prestige one of these would have.Ive honestly never seen one until now.Thanks for the info.I know the odds are probably be like getting struck by lightning finding one of these.

It is amazing what you will find if you keep looking and asking around for old bikes. there is still alot of buried treasures out there.

Back