Bo11 Weevil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have one more chance, the new set is in there. The cups are seated all the way, and I took twice as long to assemble it, although I've done them hundreds of times, mostly with old Schwinn or American made 60's and 70's parts. I'm hoping it was the extra washer that was all that was needed.
DSCI0250.JPG

I've seen a few bikes with larger front tires lately. It that just a trend or does it serve a purpose? I might change them to get a little lower first gear by going 1.90 on the rear.
Yes, basically the wider the tire patch in front and slightly knobbier will assist in holding your line, shock absorption, and cornering.

Yes, basically the wider the tire patch in front and slightly knobbier will assist in holding your line, shock absorption, and cornering.
Thanks, but I'm now thinking in a week I can get another wide tire to match the rear, or possibly a whole new set if they have something worthwhile. If not, I'll swap these tires around.
DSCI0253.JPG

I did get something done though, V brake on the front for the extra stopping power I need if the chain gives out. The coaster brake is good, but I'm almost 100kg by myself! :113:

DSCI0260.JPG

How did the new BB guts work out?
Looks like you have plenty of stopping power now.

I've been rained out on the couple days I had planned to ride. Yesterday it turned out to be a good day after an early morning rain, but the bike was at home, so I wound up just doing a 2 hour walk along the coast. They are replenishing the shoreline here at Subic Bay, so I have more sand to ride in.
DSCI0270.JPG

Well, we've been getting hammered with rain the last few days, and the big bike shop never opened back up this month. I think something happened financial wise to put them out of business. So I still haven't been out for a ride all month even though I got all my homework done early just to get some riding in.
But I did get some work done, I made cardboard cutouts of what I want made from shiny stainless. I changed the idea for the rear rack to one that matches the name Bo11 Weevil a little better. The rack should look like folded wings like a bug would have, with a 50's flair. I plan to add chrome or stainless 1 inch pipes to the sides to get a hot rod effect also. The tank insert will get some kind of effect too, I don't know what yet. And since the chain wheel has mounting holes already, I plan a guard with the same stainless using spacers I'll fab up. It might get a design or just stay solid.

DSCI0296.JPG

I have to wait until the beginning of the month to get the stainless and then get it cut and drilled. So, it looks like I won't make the deadline.

AW MAN!!! :(:20:
Sorry to hear that brother!!!

DAGNABBITT!! I WANTED TO SEE THIS!!.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

However, I've got this stainless grill/smoker I had made a couple years ago. Over here, people usually grill, so I really haven't had any need for the big lid on this thing. With no vents, it's only used to put out the coals. It's not shiny stainless, but may work, the lid is 16" x 24" x 8", enough metal for what I need, and still have a good grill. Labor is cheap over here, so I might have it cut up to finish this build.

DSCI0034.JPG

Well, I will finish it, but with a different plan. I will use some galvanized metal I have to make a tank insert and that'll do it.

Attachments

• DSCI0296 - Copy.JPG
    DSCI0296 - Copy.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 146
Welcome back from the abyss my friend!
GTB!

No money and this is all I have to work with, along with a scrap piece of galvanized sheet metal. I acquired these from the living room furniture, and no one knows the better.
I should make it under the wire.
DSCI0037.JPG

I like this fairly simple after trying to make some kind of tank insert, and I noticed my best looking bikes from the past are the ones I did the least to. So, I'm calling it right here.

Now to find another frame for the next build.

Back