BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey griffin, yeah they're stamped ashtabula, and are black. thanks man.

20100521_Red_Snapper003.jpg

85 Predator
20100521_Red_Snapper001.jpg

2000 SX

Rat Rod said:
Those LRVs are sweet!

Where did you get those blue ano wheels for your son's bike?

The wonderful world that is ebay. They're OEM wheels from an '09 SE Racing PK Ripper. Since this was intended to be ridden I invested in a decent set of wheels with double walled rims. Bonus is they still have a bit of "Old School" charm and fit the project perfectly.

Cheers and thanks for the compliments!

TCN

yewhi, all I can say is wow. Your LRV's are absolutely gorgeous. Quite a few of the local fast guys bitd rode those, so they hold a special place in my bmx heart.
Beautiful job on your boy's, and I can't wait to see yours all done.

Here's my latest submission to this thread...my youngest's new race bike. It's a 2010 Roadkill Expert that I powdered in candy red metallic.
coryroadkill004.jpg

coryroadkill001.jpg

Thanks to you both! I really appreciate your kind words. I've always had a bit of a personal attachment to the brand. I was lucky enough to have one as a kid so when I came across these two I snapped them up. The blue one was in bad shape, but the frame was straight aside from a couple of minor issues. That's why it was restored to "rider" status for my son. The chrome frame is original and in good condition. Amazingly they came from the same family. Two brothers, one who clearly took better care of his things than the other.

3536486786_3b96f79e56.jpg

Blue LRV pre-restoration
4259451875_38a31764f6_o.jpg

My original LRV circa 1978 Lakewood SportsCycle Park BMX track, Lakewood Colorado.

Thanks Again!

The old pic is rad.Im stoked on just picking up 6 bmx Action mags from 83!!Found the ad for the Procraft that was my dream bike as a kid.Two of the mags are the 83 bmx bike buyers guides!!!So I can check out all the top bikes and specs for 83.

Is there a way to figure out what year my mongoose is?

Thanks alot pete, Ill have to check that out!

Hears a picture of my mongoose (the Damgoose)!
Its a little funky but its fast and fun! Id like to get
a 3pc crank for it, and it needs a new sproket. Id
also like matching red grips, seats, pedals, chain.
Anyone help me out?

damgoose3.jpg

damgoose2.jpg

Id like to repaint it the same color and fix her up a bit. I got it for 20 bucks so its cool

Back