Black Phantandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, I apologize in advance for the quality of the photo. I saw this today in a restaurant hung up over the lobby. This is probably the world's only 7-seat Black Phantom tandem:

WP_002308_zps11f72f00.jpg

Hopefully it was made from repop parts. To anyone interested, the place is called the Trailhead Brewing Company, outside of St. Louis, in St. Charles, MO. I may try to get back there later in the week to see if I can get a better shot.

I took a couple more pictures today. The lighting in the place made it almost impossible to get a good cell phone picture, so sorry about that.

WP_002317_zps38579b98.jpg

WP_002318_zps0249fd36.jpg

It was clearly built for display rather than riding (aside from the ridiculous number of seats). The frame connecting the front to the back didn't look that sturdy, the keep tube wasn't any bigger than the rest of the tubing. On top of that, it had a single chain in one long loop, with 6 tensioners. There was very little chain wrap on any of tandem cranks. But, I suppose that's beside the point...

I say part that baby out.:D Seven Phantom seats and chainrings...those alone are worth some bucks. Gary

Back