Black Friday Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally have something to post. It isn't too spectacular but it's a step.
Painted the fork legs.
Painted the tires with some red tire paint marker thing. What a pain! Took forever and was very careful and it still isn't done! But it looks more like a Hot Rod.
Next thing is to paint the sprocket and paint the front tire to match the rear. And paint the stem black. Then ride this thing till I find something else to do.
HPIM0332-1.jpg

I think you should go ahead and paint the truss rods on the springer black too.

Cool looking customization!

aka_locojoe said:
I think painting the fork legs makes a world of difference. The fork looks like it's more part of the bike and not something that was added later. Even though it was an original part of the bike. You know what I'm saying :D
Dood I know exactly what you mean! I wanted to switch to a rigid fork for the same reason you stated. It would look more part of the bike. I think I succeded althought it doesnt have quite enough of an impact. I didnt want to just black the whole thing out so I left the struts chrome but I think they might need to go black. maybe once the stem is black it will add more weight and the chrome strut rods will be a nice contrast. I am tempted to just paint everything black and things already black paint it blacker yet! never since design in college have I felt like more of a adjective nerd :oops:

I can't believe how much time has past and how little I have done on this thing. :oops: But school and go-karts and mini-bikes and crap have distracted me plus it has been winter and maybe if I could actually ride the thing I might be more motivated to finish this thing. I am sad to say I have only painted the stem but at least each thing I do it gets better looking instead of worse right? 8) I keep wanting to paint this thing black. Maybe this thing will be all black by the time I am done. Up next is the front rim. Then the sprocket.
d0a86fe3.jpg

Got some crap done on the bike. Painted front rim and hub painted the crank sprocket to look like a Torq-Thrust including giving the chrome a brushed look. I think this is almost complete. ok maybe not but I think it does look a lot more Hot Rod.
e1ab3b60.jpg

hey thanks! I think it makes it look much better more balanced or something...Not sure I should paint the rear wheel although symmetry is nice but I don't know. maybe just paint the spokes and the hub? I may have to photochop before I commit!

Latest posts

Back