Bikeman4u on YT.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the guy is actually way more heady than he appears.

He is a business owner, running a family based business out of his home, which is in the Hamptons. He is also operating a website that sells bike products which is often a full load for a person. There is also a eBay based side to his online operation which requires much attention and can be a full time job to keep up with listings, shipping, and keeping track of the parts put on that site.

Still, that all considered, the channel on Youtube can and most likely is for him, a completely different full time job with just as much potential to generate money enough to pay the bills.

I'm about 6 months into doing my bike thing as a main income here but was doing a whole lot of media creation, programming and marketing in the adult online web world before that. Youtube has built up it's revenue sharing programs to become even more attractive than the model used by it's parent company Google. Tho still the main show, Adwords has lost it's punch and overall monopoly power to the Facebook timeline as the default start page on browsers in computers and to apps like twitter and the like in the mobile market.

One area has a in for all of these diverse apps and the people using them and that is Youtube. It is the default place for almost any other website to place their video and deliver trouble free to the widest available audience. They get free video hosting and hi speed delivery for free, we get free videos. It all gets paid for and maintained via the ad system they use. It makes so much money that they even pay out to the content creators in a rev share program much like the ones I used to run in adult.

They track the amount of times a video gets played, base it's payout on the amount of subscribers that the creator has and what the people that sign up to put ads on the site have payed for each impression (simply showing the ad) and the click thru rate (times people clicked the ad link). It is a harder than it looks situation.

The shtick is definitely that. It's the reason people will return to his channel. He has a presence on camera that is charismatic and personable enough for a network station. He has a catch phrase, never fear, the bikeman4u is here that captures both Underdog and "underdog" in it's use at the front and back of every video. The shtick however, his aloofness, his friendly connection with the observer behind the camera, make him way more accessible than any other video source about bikes online.

Check out how many videos he has, and the amount of people subscribed and view his stuff. That level, is yet another full time affair that the guy has to have his hand in and in many cases, can be more work than all the rest of his jobs combined.

I find myself watching tons of bike related video's to find answers to any questions that come up. He isn't my go to guy, but he definetly one that is looked at when I'm on the hunt for info.

If you pay attention to his live show its a lot of flat tires. Another thing Bikeman himself doesnt really get much done. Hes is too busy talking and checking out YT. Sometimes he comes off alittle harsh attitudes towards people too.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have watched quite a few of his vids,quite entertaining .He has gown on me,I was not a big fan at first.Lots of fluff,but you really can learn from him.

His accent sounds like people who grew up on the north side of St. Louis (the old irish neighborhoods, not what's there now) he looks like he could be related to me. I betcha someone in his family tree is from County Cork.
I've learned a ton from him. Like many on youtube, some video composition lessons would help him but maybe I'm just nitpicking.

I watch his videos. I think he's a riot. Love his attitude.
His Dad started the business almost 50 years ago...so it was an established locale.
When the economy tanked, he thought up new ways to revive the family business...the videos took off...and then he opened his own parts place web site..where things are pretty expensive. Now, he's thriving.

I sortof stopped watching him, because really, his intent is mainly to sell parts from his online store. Ever notice, that every single bike service he does...he replaces almost every part with 'NEW".
Franco

Latest posts

Back