Bikeman4u on YT.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you watch this guy from up in the Hamptons? I have learned several things from him. They do a live YT show on Saturdays. Hes a nut but knows everything about a bike.

He must have a heck of a buisness to be able to live amongst the multi millionaires. His online prices are very high IMO from the stuff I checked on.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have not watched him "live" but have watched some of his videos - pretty cool.

Last edited:
To live where he does he must make some serious cash. When I think of the Hamptons all I can picture is million dollar mansion. Not some blue collar type messing with bicycles. In some of his live stuff he comes off as a jerk sometimes. Hes got it going on tho. Makes more than me.

I never realized he was in the Hamptons....but that accent placed him down in the region for certain..

He's got online parts ordering and appears to be pretty busy year round in the bike shop... livin ' the dream I say.. Good for him!

I read where they are only open from St. Patricks day thru Halloween or Thanksgiving. He never discloses their shop rate but his clientel has money to burn so I can imagine its pretty high. I enjoy his vids.

His live show on cottered crank conversions was extremely helpful for me changing over my Concord New Yorker earlier this year. It took F O R E V E R to get to the point (it's like an hour and a half long video with mabye ten minutes of useful information), but the information that's there is gold.

I watched some of their live show and always amazed at how dumb rich people can be. Some of his customers can run a corperation but cant put air in a tire.

I watched some of their live show and always amazed at how dumb rich people can be. Some of his customers can run a corperation but cant put air in a tire.

Hmmm. :39: Be careful judging people based on wealth. Would you also judge them based on something like grammar?

Maybe they don't have an air pump. Just saying.

Do any of you watch this guy from up in the Hamptons? I have learned several things from him. They do a live YT show on Saturdays. Hes a nut but knows everything about a bike.

He must have a heck of a buisness to be able to live amongst the multi millionaires. His online prices are very high IMO from the stuff I checked on.

I use his 2x4 and jumping on a bent wheel straightening method. Comes in useful in the winter when I bend wheels hitting ice banks and it is too cold to do a prober job. I got a really bent wheel straight enough to clear the frame, good enough for the winter. Fast easy method.

Hmmm. :39: Be careful judging people based on wealth. Would you also judge them based on something like grammar?

Maybe they don't have an air pump. Just saying.
....or spelling...?...

I've enjoyed the videos i've seen, but the guy isn't as knowledgeable as he tries to seem. Still, some helpful tutorials.
His antics and showmanship outdo his real mechanical bicycle knowledge by a mile....not a big fan, and I try to be as fair and positive in evaluating people and personalities as I can. I've just encountered this "expert" type of attitude a few too many times in my 25 yrs in the bicycle retail business....

His antics and showmanship outdo his real mechanical bicycle knowledge by a mile....not a big fan, and I try to be as fair and positive in evaluating people and personalities as I can. I've just encountered this "expert" type of attitude a few too many times in my 25 yrs in the bicycle retail business....

I have absolutely seen the type before, where they rely on projecting an air of authority more so than actually becoming authoritative on a given subject. And, to be fair, he does have a lot of knowledge and a lot of techniques that seem to be self-taught and creative. But, you'll often find some misinformation in the vids, along with some opinions that seem a bit at odds with reality. The thing is, nobody is infallible, especially when it comes to a topic on the scale of bicycles. They're simple machines, to be sure, but they have a long and storied history with a dizzying number of minute details and specifics, if you really look at it. When I think about online bike personalities like Sheldon Brown and even some folks who I've met in my personal life, a guy like Bikeman4u has more bark than bite, when it comes to extreme bicycle-kung-fu knowledge. The thing is, the guys who really really know their stuff, they tend to be way more nonchalant about their expertise.

I would think the Bikeman's intent is more to educate his own customers than anything else. It sure looks like he gets a LOT of Box store bikes in to repair. He does have an online business and a retail shop, so he does need to project some confidence in himself to keep his customer base. If he were just an average Joe without a business...he would come across as a bit overconfident to me.

Yup, its Schtick.... but pretty entertaining and informative on some topics. He does have a few things here and there that make me scratch my head. Sometimes he is a bit crude with the techniques or tools. But overall he is doing a great service to the beginning do it yourselfers out there. If I had a similar resource when I was a kid fixing my own Schwinn, there's no telling what repairs I would have been doing back then.

Back