BIKEFLIGHTS.COM - MY EXPERIENCE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great!!! Normally I have bikes shipped from USA to Greece via USPS(priority) packed in 2 boxes.
Costs $160-$200 for a whole bike,and $70-$85 for forks and frame...So these guys could come in handy in the future... :D

I just shipped my SE Racing 26" cruiser to Migz in Texas from Michigan,$42 to his doorsteep in 3 days. These guys are awesome. They are cyclist that saw a need and solved the "price" issue we all have. The more we use them, the better they can negotiate their contract with Fedex.

Tim

They ship to and from Uruguay!!!
I´m saved!!!
Now you can all buy my bikes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the tip!

Not sure how this happened, but a ballooner frame, fork, fenders from NH to Cali cost $54. Not really cheap, but not out if line.

I'm a little freaked out right now though because the FedEx guy picked it up at work today but the tracking number is still not coming up as valid. Hmmm.

Danimal said:
Not sure how this happened, but a ballooner frame, fork, fenders from NH to Cali cost $54. Not really cheap, but not out if line.

I'm a little freaked out right now though because the FedEx guy picked it up at work today but the tracking number is still not coming up as valid. Hmmm.

You paid $5 more for the pick-up. When I paid $24 i dropped it to Fedex and it was going to a bussiness so that took $5 off as well. The biggest thing for me was box size though. I had a quote of $39 with a cut down length and height bike box with standard 8" wide but when I got a quote at 6" wide thats when I got down to $24. Sometimes its worth a couple of minutes playing with the shipping calculator so you know exactly where your box needs to be.

-Brian

I dropped it off at work so I saved that $5. I just used a box I had and cut it down to a comfortable size. I know I could have saved a few more bucks if I played with it more but I was in a time crunch.

And for the missing tracking info, that is the shipping dept at my work dropping the ball. Got it straightened out. One Elgin on it's way to sunny California.

Does someone check the dimensions and weight of the box? or is this just the honor system? Seems like it would be easy to shed a few inches and pounds of the box when tying it into the label.

Paid $55 for a muscle bike (46.5lbs) from California to North Carolina. Order is being processed, I hope to see a label soon as I'd like to drop it tomorrow.

Edit: The e-mail just arrived. They said 10 minutes... it was less. 8)

I just shipped a 29" Felt bike from L.A. to St. Louis with Bike Flight. The process was super smooth. I have no idea on price, becuase I have never shipped a bike before, and I did not shop around. The box weighed 42 lbs, and I think it was slightly oversized. Shipping came to $79.00 with up charges for residential delivery and insurance.

I'm a happy customer!

Shipped a 50 pound cruiser to GB for $250...got there in 4 days.

I didn't even have to fool with customs!

Thanks bike flights!

outskirtscustoms said:
Shipped on Monday from Texas and arrived on Thursday in Japan? :shock: I shipped a bike from Indiana to Texas and it took longer than that.
If you had shipped it to me in sunny Florida, I'd still be waiting! :) That is fast shipping.

The bike was dropped off in L.A. on Friday, and arrived here in STL on Tuesday. Not too bad.

DougTimme said:
I just shipped a 29" Felt bike from L.A. to St. Louis with Bike Flight. The process was super smooth. I have no idea on price, becuase I have never shipped a bike before, and I did not shop around. The box weighed 42 lbs, and I think it was slightly oversized. Shipping came to $79.00 with up charges for residential delivery and insurance.

I saved myself some major $$$ by creating a label for a bike I needed shipped to me. The guy was old school and wanted to deal with UPSP.

I got the box info and sent the label to his email.

$25 for a bike from NJ to GA!

Quick question. What are there means of payment for the label. Is it just paypal or do they do credit cards too?

Latest posts

Back