Bad experience with schwinnstore on ebay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 3 speed shifter from Craig with "schwinnstore" on ebay. A couple of weeks goes by and no shifter. So I email him. He says he thought he sent it, but obviously he didn't. Without asking, he sends me a crappy mirror, as if that would make everything better. I gave him neutral feedback. Then he sends me this harassing email,

"Dear 1sikryd,

MAN I FEEL BAD FOR YOU,,,,THINGS MUST BE BAD OR A HARD LIFE OR SOMETHING

- schwinnstore"

You should have filed a complaint through ebay and not left feedback until it was resolved. When I sell on ebay, I require delivery confirmation. This way i have proof of a package being sent and (hopefully) delivered. The fact that he attacked your financial status shows that he has no remorse for his inability to keep track of his ebay dealings (or in fact scams). It is the responsibility of the seller to make sure he is on track. It sucks for ebay to be so one-sided, but it is how it is, and when I am a buyer I expect nothing less, and as a seller I do what is neccessary to maintain the integrity of the sale. My feedback is 100% and you should check each sellers feedback before you buy. Even one negative could mean that the seller has experienced the opportunity to get money for nothing, and even if it has been a while, they could revert back to that in order to make money. If anyone here has less than 100% on ebay, then I am sorry for the comments, but the seller holds the product. Once payment is transferred,they hold both the product and the money. A buyer never has the upper hand in the situation. We basically send money out into oblivion, sometime foolishly hoping for something in return.

I think that's the one that's got the extremely high prices. Did he finally send you the shifter?

Wildcat said:
Did he finally send you the shifter?

Yeah, he sent it when he sent the mirror that I didn't want or ask for and only after I emailed him a couple of times asking where my item was. He never really owned up to the mistake blaming the whole deal on Paypal. I probably would have given him positive feedback if he would have given a partial refund or atleast asked if there was an item that I wanted. Instead he sends me an item I don't want, probably something he's had trouble selling, as if that's going make up for his lack of ability to run a buisness.

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from buying from him. Just sharing my experience. Thanks for letting me vent.

I have bought parts from them with NO PROBLEMS!!!!, ya the $$ might be high for some but they always seem to have that hard to find part

If it's the store that I'm thinking of, he also sells reproduction Cycle Truck head badges as New Old Stock. True Cycle Truck head badges were plated with no brass showing on the front. Not very ethical.

I think he is a member here. But if you got the shifter plus a mirror I think you got a good deal. Just think about he probably had that mirror listed for $100. I think that's the cheapest thing he sells!

Wweeeeeeeellllll...I'm glad the seller made good on the purchase. By the way you worded it, he sent you a mirror and nothing more. After you shared all the details, it's obvious the guy was doing his best to stay in good graces with you by sending you what you ordered, as well as a complimentary mirror. I don't see a problem here.

55ColumbiaBuilt said:
Wweeeeeeeellllll...I'm glad the seller made good on the purchase. By the way you worded it, he sent you a mirror and nothing more. After you shared all the details, it's obvious the guy was doing his best to stay in good graces with you by sending you what you ordered, as well as a complimentary mirror. I don't see a problem here.

So you're saying its ok that he FORGOT to ship my item? If I hadn't emailed him first, who knows if he would have even sent it. As a buyer, I should never have to ask where my item is. I gave him neutral feedback not negative feedback. The fact of the matter is he FORGOT to ship my item. How can I reward that with positive feedback? Like I said before, If he would have given me a partial refund or something that I could use, I might have overlooked that he FORGOT to ship my item.

I don't see a problem, for someone that sells a lot of items on ebay, it could happen he got overwhelmed and an item got looked over. You contacted him and he sent you your part you won PLUS a free gift. He did not owe you anymore than the part you ordered, he wasn't required to send you an extra part you needed. He tried to make it right by sending you a gift. A gift is a gift, be grateful.

the neutral feedback was UNWARRANTED

KZ1000 said:
I don't see a problem, for someone that sells a lot of items on ebay, it could happen he got overwhelmed and an item got looked over. You contacted him and he sent you your part you won PLUS a free gift. He did not owe you anymore than the part you ordered, he wasn't required to send you an extra part you needed. He tried to make it right by sending you a gift. A gift is a gift, be grateful.

the neutral feedback was UNWARRANTED

I have to agree with this statement...and I believe many others do.

1sikryd, please let it go.

Back