TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike : Video Update #7...pg 10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, Capt Awesome~!

I have been to the Stoughton celebration, as well as the one in Woodville. Our family comes from the Driftless Area (mini Norway scape) of extreme southeast Minnesota. So Spring Grove Syttende Mai was always a big one for us, as well as the parade in Blooming Prairie, where I was born.

I was extra clever, I scheduled my anniversary to coincide with the day we got married
View attachment 265641
Think About It GIF by Identity

I don't believe you ever told me your mother was a Palmer. We may be related in more ways than just rusty blood. :D

1715820328179.png

I don't believe you ever told me your mother was a Palmer. We may be related in more ways than just rusty blood. :D

View attachment 265728
I thought I mentioned it way back, but maybe not. Did your Palmers settle in Illinois originally from the old country?

I thought I mentioned it way back, but maybe not. Did your Palmers settle in Illinois originally from the old country?

No, the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

I ordered the spray cans! Mustard is in my fridge.

That tank turned out FANTASTIC! If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was an old metal tank!

Looks amazing! Awesome job on the rat-tina !

OJ, that tank is absolutely incredible!!! I hope there is going to be a video on this. I need more RaT-ina edification!
were not worthy waynes world GIF

Thanks guys. I am very pleased with the results. After the weekend, I will try to shoot a real time video highlighting the methods I used on the tank rustification.

Yowza! Incredible work on that bagger tank!

The patina school is always adding new curriculum for OJ to peruse on Youtube. For @Pondo and any others interested, this is a new to me video and subscription I added this week in preparing to 'make paper look like old metal'. The guy has many vids out on different techniques, I believe he was a prop maker in the film industry. And his voice over is definitely in the 'Top 40'....give a listen, I think you'll hear what I mean!

The first one he shows is similar to what I did. And I used my mustard application instead of his hairspray.

Your ratina work continues to impress me. An inspiration to all. Killer job on that tank.
Thanks Marshall. It was a long road to get there, and I had my doubts, but then things just started falling into place. It is definitely a process.

dude that is amazing! you are an artist

Thanks Schultzie. I really had fun trying a couple of new techniques on this tank. Keeps me motivated!

the guy on that video sounds like Casey Kasem.

Isn't it unreal?! I commented on his video and said, "as soon as I figure out which famous person you sound like, I'll be happier" and he responded with "Casey Kasem". :grin: I mean, it's just spot on~!

Back