B0-X----- WEENIE WAGON -----B0-X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't be that tough. :arghh: :D
You only have to use white and blue for every house on the island and you have to suffer through those amazing views while you paint. :113:
Where do we sign up for this trip? I'll bring a paint brush!!:rockout:

Just ordered the tires.
Didn't want to go to crazy with them,I always spend so much $$$.
I went with the kenda whitewall 20' x 2.125 for the front,found them cheap at classic cycles in Germany.
Wanted to match the rear,do you think I could find 26' in europe... Nope.
So found a set on fleecebay USA. And the guy said he would post them to me,so that was cool. 26' x 2.125 for the rear.I kinda like the tread on them,vintage style.
mTiKiCmUAxt47JBImudzt1w.jpg
upload_2015-6-23_22-37-2.jpeg

Have to buy 2 sets for both bikes.

It can't be that tough. :arghh: :D
You only have to use white and blue for every house on the island and you have to suffer through those amazing views while you paint. :113:
Where do we sign up for this trip? I'll bring a paint brush!!:rockout:
Well white for the outside,is easy,it's the law. But now many villas have different colors for shutters.This house has another 2 colors for gates and pergolas,not to mention furniture and inside.

I never realized it was the law for the buildings to be white. I know we loved the white and blue when we were on Santorini 8 years ago.

I never realized it was the law for the buildings to be white. I know we loved the white and blue when we were on Santorini 8 years ago.
Santorini has many colors,but for Mykonos it's the law,also I think Paros and Naxos.Syros has colors and also Tinos.
Will be in Santorini in September for some R&R.

We also went to Korfu that year and loved it. Completely different vibe from other Greek isles.

We also went to Korfu that year and loved it. Completely different vibe from other Greek isles.
Every island has it's own little charms.
Different traditions,food etc.
8 years? I think it's time for another round.

Actually it was 13 years ago for our 5th anniversary and yes it's time to head back.
We did Italy and Greece. One of the highlights of that trip was receiving a marriage blessing from Pope JPII (now Saint JPII).

So here is the pile of metal,that I should get 2 vending bikes out of.
Just a few more bits of metal I need to pick up,from down the road and I am ready.
DSCN4822.JPG
DSCN4826.JPG

Time to get started.

The next 5 weeks are going to be busy for you on this build Funk!

Luke.
It seems easy in my head,but so was BA & 1910.
You would think I would have learn't by now.:headbang:

On sunday I finished the kids bike and gave it to her.Nothing special,just a spray job and rust removal,Also from a 6 speed down to single.
DSCN4689 - Copy.JPG
Also played around with some mock ups.
DSCN4828.JPG
DSCN4829.JPG
DSCN4830.JPG

Was just wondering what would be the max width i could have on the front?
Before the turning point would be useless.Anyone out there know?
In the pic it's about 95cm between the front wheels.

I bet she loved her little pink bike.
Glad to finally see a mockup.
Hope all is well with you in regards to the Euro mess that is going on over there.

I bet she loved her little pink bike.
Glad to finally see a mockup.
Hope all is well with you in regards to the Euro mess that is going on over there.
It's a big thing,banks are closed,we are able to take out 60euro's,tourist can take out as much as their bank limits allow.

Hoping to get some work done tomorrow,first is the tray. Seems like I have to start with the front and work back to the rear.

I think max width should be whatever it takes to clear any existing box you might be using...
Are you sure you don't want to wait until the last minute?

Carl.

I think max width should be whatever it takes to clear any existing box you might be using...
Are you sure you don't want to wait until the last minute?

Carl.
Ha,ha..
I think the wider it is the more difficult it would be to turn?
Most seem to be around the 70cm, I was hoping for 95cm,but could be pushing it.

I made the front tray today,but might check out the hardware for some lighter steal.Just tacked it all together.Pics tomorrow.
Was working on 3 thing at once.
Cant seem to get my scooter going,then got bored with that,and pulled the transmission apart on my atv.:confused:
Some bits here and there,now I have to guess where all the bits go.:banghead:
It goes fine in reverse,but nowhere in forward position.

Being a wonderful Sunday yesterday.I set my mind to starting this build.
Step 1- Expand the forks. I think this bike either had 27' or 28' wheels.
I am only using 26 x 2.125 tires,so just need to make wider 1-2cm
DSCN4862.JPG

I bent the 2 sides out using my pipe bender.
Then I place a block of wood from a pallet between.Then stick it inside the clamp and start closing the forks back
DSCN4864.JPG
Also did the same to the rear dropout,it only needed 1 cm
DSCN4865.JPG
Sanded down and tacked together.
DSCN4867.JPG
The mess
DSCN4868.JPG
I am using old plumbing pipe that I have and a old stem.
DSCN4870.JPG
I have so many bits of pipes/offcuts that I keep.I use every bit of scrap metal I can.
Cut the curve and tacked the pipe into place
DSCN4872.JPG
DSCN4874.JPG
A long view
DSCN4875.JPG
Next was the top pipe,a thinner pipe.The bottom is the weight bearer. Bent it to exact.
DSCN4878.JPG

Everything is just tacked together,to get the shape and measures correct.The scrolls are just sitting inside for now.
DSCN4880.JPG
Now it's time to get it on the ground
DSCN4882.JPG
Step 2 - Was the tray,I did this a few days before,again everything is just tacked.
DSCN4884.JPG
DSCN4885.JPG
Still have to mount the stem on yet.
The side brackets for the wheels.I am like 2cm short.So might have to make longer ones or I do something different.
DSCN4886.JPG
And here is as far as I am.
DSCN4887.JPG
DSCN4888.JPG
DSCN4890.JPG
DSCN4892.JPG
Next days will be welding and grinding it all solid.

Latest posts

Back