RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diggin the paint and looking forward to the fork part deaux
Thanks! I am happy with it so far...
Fork2 on the other hand, is yet to materialize. I really just need to get over to my boneyard and harvest some hollow tube forks to cut. My dilemma is do I recreate the same fork (it looked pretty good...) or do I freak out on it? I'll be scouring the boneyard tomorrow...

Carl.

Cool photo.
46eec8d41aac67c4752ea8f65b5586ec.jpg

Sweet color. I'm glad I put that color back on the shelf.[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fork build V2 got the old bent Monark fork back. Time to straighten it out and add some length. I'm thinking the straight tube into the curved tube may actually look better than V1 when it's done...
b500ebddb3b7006a0c410c9a975e85e7.jpg

I also have a new front rim to lace. The front rim is toast, but the rear is good to swap in...
d977864334c5a3df30e686851ec8f106.jpg

So rear rim on the front hub and I'm officially a dragster again.

Carl.

Last edited:
Preweld... Looks like I need to pound the forks just a but farther in and/or open the curve of the trusses just a bit. But I'm liking the straight fork into the curve much better.
389b3851007d5552df39d1bd938c2cb9.jpg

Carl.

I've got a 220v stick and a tig I can't use... So it's the 110v flux wire splatterbox that I've got to use... And so...
b04ca3ecd33d17b03001eae8ac53e348.jpg
b8e27fa206a3c0b8d2b54f32cd51dec2.jpg

Pretty rough but only one layer so... grind it down
3d1eb6db8220244988174dbee73d50f1.jpg

It's what I have to use and its what I've used for the last couple. So rough and weathered fits my style anyway. Time to paint it...

Carl.

Last edited:
That brings back memories as a kid of cutting forks and hammering them on to make a chopper! :happy:

Welding was not an option though and I also remember a kid doing a wheelie and the fork extensions and wheel falling off. It didn't end well.:21:

That brings back memories as a kid of cutting forks and hammering them on to make a chopper! :happy:

Welding was not an option though and I also remember a kid doing a wheelie and the fork extensions and wheel falling off. It didn't end well.:21:
I was so glad my dad had jb weld back then.

It’s looking real ‘70s ‘chopper bicycle’.
I dig it! Groovy Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V1 forks had a graceful curve to them and the Aztec sat well, felt bigger than it was when you rode it. We'll see how V2 forks sit. It definitely has that chopper look to it now though, so I'm looking at cutting it again right over the old scars, behind the BB. That oughta kick the forks out forward and lay the seat post back...

I'll be putting some of it back together for a mockup before I cut it. Gotta fab some longer truss rods too, picked up some more rod today...

Carl.

It kinda looks broken.
Probably just camera angle.
Broken huh? :giggle: yeah I broke it...
and I keep going back n forth in my head...
I think I'm gonna cut it and get the rake on, cuz I like the way the fork looks but it lifts the frame quite a bit.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back