attaching handle bars....dont laugh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im new to the whole bike thing lol and im having trouble attaching my handle bars. The bike was completley striped and i have all pieces.... somwhere :oops: the handle bars have a thing like a long shaft then a long bolt through it that screws through the shaft and into this piece that hold it in place i know i have to put that in the cylinder of the front forks what am i missing? a diagram would help alot!

There should be a wedge shaped piece that attaches to the bottom of the stem. This is what allows the stem to tighten in the headtube. Make sure that is attached before you install it.

mike94yj said:
There should be a wedge shaped piece that attaches to the bottom of the stem. This is what allows the stem to tighten in the headtube. Make sure that is attached before you install it.
i have it. thats wat the long bolt screwed into but i just stick that in and tighten that bolt and it stays? arnt there more things? because on top of the head tube its threaded

The top of the fork tube is threaded for an adjustable cone, a washer with a tab that aligns with the groove in the fork tube, and a nut that goes on top. Don't forget to put the bearings on there, one set on top and a set on the bottom. Gary

B607 said:
The top of the fork tube is threaded for an adjustable cone, a washer with a tab that aligns with the groove in the fork tube, and a nut that goes on top. Don't forget to put the bearings on there, one set on top and a set on the bottom. Gary
thanx got it all together :lol:

Latest posts

Back