Army cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic & some details on my Army themed cruiser. It is a 26" Greenline cruiser frame & forks, Black alloy 26" rims with Kenda flame tires, Black Mongoose stem with Black CW Cruiser bars, cheapy BMX grips with both ends cut off, Olive drab bike bell on bars, 180mm BMX cranks with Redline sproket blacked out, Old KKT BMX pedals blacked out, Redline Lay Back seatpost blacked out with Cloth Hockey stick tape & after several seat changes i've settled on this comfy Schwinn air ride seat. Not the best looking seat but it does the job on this daily ridden bike.

100_1902.jpg

Well i had another good day at the local flea market & picked up a set of rusty, bent fork truss rods & a rear basket of unknow origin. A little sanding, tweaking & some olive drab paint and now it's a bagger. :mrgreen: I've just got to figure out something to do with that UGLY seat??

100_1968.jpg

My post got deleted, must have been the server upgrade.

I said your bike looks GREAT! You could try to find some camouflage net and wrap it around the seat.

Hugo

Hugo said:
My post got deleted, must have been the server upgrade.

I said your bike looks GREAT! You could try to find some camouflage net and wrap it around the seat.

Hugo

Thanks for the great idea!! Off to the Army / Navy store. :wink:

The seat is easy! you yourself can do a few things. I like the camo net idea!

I myself would recover the seat in olive drab then hang the camo net around the bottom of the seat so it hangs maybe 2 to 3" :mrgreen:

here is the seat I made for my son's bike. Nothing extra for not much is in the military :D to brake up the green I used some gun metal material

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

FW

Latest posts

Back