Apple-atcha Crate'r

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on 26-in wheels. Through these twenties on there to get a seat and handlebar swapping.
I'm almost leaning toward these wheels and tires. The seat sissy bar and ape hangers will remain for sure.View attachment 249499
The seat is John Deere.
I put one of those ACS mags on 'that blue bike' a couple MBBO's ago. Clear coated and painted the fins.
20230828_163737.jpg

They are light and wheelie well.

I put one of those ACS mags on 'that blue bike' a couple MBBO's ago. Clear coated and painted the fins.
View attachment 249505
They are light and wheelie well.
I had 25 sets of those Wheels. They're all gone now except for this one set. Plus I have one single front wheel.

Put darker gray primer on the forks . Freshened up the hubs with satin black . View attachment 249736
All thoughts, comments, & suggestions .. are encouraged, and will be taking into consideration.

This cycle will be used for short 2 to 5 mile roundtrips .. on asphalt, gravel, grass and dirt.

Dig the name, KJV! You know me, words are my game! Apple'atcha? :heart::inlove:

Also really like that seat. The squared back and lifted up and white center stripe give it a real racy look. I don't remember if the green tires are keepers, but if you do, maybe go with a monochrome paint in different shades of green for a 'green apple'atcha '.

And now, some 'hills' music as a tribute to your build...

Well: while cutting on ribeye at supper...

I figure I better put a better gripping Tire on the front; better control on the terrain where this bike will be ridden.
Rear tread:
20231023_174544.jpg

Front tread:
20231023_174521.jpg

Side View: 2.125 on frnt.
20231023_174646.jpg

Next: position seat back 3".
Ffigure out what 36t sprocket that I'm going to use .

Last edited:
Down to: cut & install chain ;been out of town & too cold past 2 days here in Ohio to mess with it....
Hafta go as umfinished..where MBBO is concerned.

Oh well at least I got this thing built.

bikes looking great KJV, theres a few of us now hurridly slamming things together in the last day or so. im painting today with only 2 days remaining LOL>

Latest posts

Back