Anyone else wish they were back in High School ( '78) ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewalker said:
as much as the 80s were cool.......

I do not wish to be back in high school. It was not so much fun for me. life after High school well thats a different storey

FW

Ditto.

I graduated in 91, and yes I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. I think that was the last time I had money for things "I Don't need". Just to be able to put on those football pads again, and fire up my 69 Buick Skylark again would be killer! As far as girls go, I think if I could go back, I wouldnt be the "butt" I was in highschool the first time. At my school if you played Football you were king, and I tried out to many Queens, and I feel bad about that to this day. Working with Kids now as an adult makes me realize just how good I had it back then. Before the Evil of political correctness spread like a cancer and contaminated the thoughts of the American People, and Government slid into control of EVERYTHING we do. Yeah, I miss those days. Not to mention the tight rolled jeans! :D

TheDuke said:
FaceOFFbikes said:
78?! Man I was only 4! lol.. How about 88!
Give it up for the class of '92! :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM
Second that :!: But FWIW, I had a '78 Thunder-Bird in school :mrgreen: Looooved that car, Slayer tape in an 8-track adapter and 400ci providing the back ground noise :D Even lost my...uh...jolly ranchers in the big bird :roll: And I remember the BIG blizzerd then, cool stuff :!:

tikiharl said:
In 78 I was already two years out of school and one year shy of getting out of the army. Sheeesh I just remembered I was already married too.As far as shop goes it was a joke. Because of my misspent youth and the group I hung with, the shop teacher used to stand at the door when we entered and look at our eyes..if they were red he would tell us to "sand your project", no power tools for us. :shock:

Dude we must have had the same teacher! First period was hit or miss.lol :mrgreen:

There`s been lots of times I thought back at how much simpler life was then. But, i`d only go back if I could know then what I know now. All the money I wasted on "party accessories" would be spent on apple and microsoft stock, and i'd have also been scooping up every krate in sight! :lol: There should be at least 1 pic of me from that time frame around here somewhere, if I can put my hands on it, i'll scan it for chuckles.
Rick

Back