Anyone else wish they were back in High School ( '78) ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apart from the obvious things (girls, sports, no job pressure, did I say girls?), seems all the stuff i was doing then in metal shop would sure come in handy now. Pipe bending, lathes, foundry, torches, brazing, did I say girls??.

Now we gotta pay to have these things done, when we all had it for free when we were kids!!

Truth be told, girls were just eye candy til I reached College.

Life's crazy.

Spin

Yah i remember those days made 2.40 an hour and had alot more money then then now. Girls Girls Girls how i long for more miss spent youth. Thanks for the thought man i guess i will just get a beer and go to the garage. :mrgreen:

yeah...i wish i was
78 was a good year

But really...im just excited to get through the sophmore year OF highschool...
I just want to be able to leave campus and eat REAL FOOD!...and DRIVE!!!...2 miles before i run out of gas, and hop on my bike

uncle_rico2.jpg

man

i just wish my school had automotive other than just the joint vocatinal school

man
icant beleive you guys still wish you were in high school

i'm there your not misin much

except for the girls :wink:

no thanks, i like it where i am now, did i say wife.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

78 was a good year, I just got my drivers liscenes had my 72 SS Chevelle and was out raising all sorts of h--l. Oh to be young again. LOL

In 78 I wasn't even milk in the fridge yet...
But I guess I know what you guys mean... well, just go ahead and have a beer and put the Dazed and Confused DVD in your player... ;)

78 I was in junior high, first the fad was imitating Fonzi and then Saturday Night Fever came out and it just got real ugly from there, and my high school ride was a 63 GMC Carryall me and my dad stripped all the paint off and painted it bryar blue lacquer (69 Corvette color I wish I had that kind of time now thats for sure.... :cry:

do I wish I was back in High School? Crap no! I hated high school. We moved from Colorado to Rolla, MO my sophomore year of high school. I thought my dad moved me to heck. If I could do High School again knowing even a little of what I know now and if I had a relationship with God back then, sure. But go back like it was...NO SPANK YOU.

jeff

ratdaddy said:
do I wish I was back in High School? Crap no! I hated high school. We moved from Colorado to Rolla, MO my sophomore year of high school. I thought my dad moved me to heck. If I could do High School again knowing even a little of what I know now and if I had a relationship with God back then, sure. But go back like it was...NO SPANK YOU.

jeff
Well we can always learn from our mistakes,especially if we can make a difference in someones life,with the way these schools are these days and the lack of responsability in parenting.Just keep praying brother.

In 78 I was already two years out of school and one year shy of getting out of the army. Sheeesh I just remembered I was already married too.As far as shop goes it was a joke. Because of my misspent youth and the group I hung with, the shop teacher used to stand at the door when we entered and look at our eyes..if they were red he would tell us to "sand your project", no power tools for us. :shock:

dude
i cant wait to get my lisence
one kid i go to school with parents own a chevy dealer so he'll always be able to out so us car wise
but i plan on having a pretty sweet car(working par time of course :wink: )what a joke

class of 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"... i plan on having a pretty sweet car(working par time of course )what a joke..."

All us seniors wanted to arrange our classes so we'd get out at 12:09, based on we had p/t jobs and had to get to work. I'd blow out of metal shop at 12:09, hop in my '57 Belair 2 dr. hardtop (283) and cruise over to Mickey D's to work the grill till cloasing on Friday nights.

Spin

Back