Anybody else can't wait for the BO12 ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you going to make out of all this? I like the parts/frames I see. Are you going for a road bike, urban commuter or gravel bike? You also have what looks like a Gigant front drum brake and a Sachs internal geared hub with a drum brake. You could also make a Klunker. What's up? We might be making similar bikes as I have many of the parts you do (even a white frame) but I'm not sure where to go with it all. My Gigant front drum brake is currently on a 1940 Schwinn so I won't be using that but I have a Sach's torpedo 3 speed with a drum brake. I also have an old Arai rear drum hub. I might get inspired from you ideas. I could eliminate what you are doing and try something different. Currently I am leaning toward a Hybrid Klunker or a gravel bike.

I don't know yet. I have several possible setups in mind, even a third frame. One setup is a classic road bike or touring bike, another goes for a lightweight single speed or fixie and the third could become a kind of "city-klunker".
I will see where the parts lead me to....

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Just spent the morning gazing thru @irzouts blog.
1 of a handful of great builders who have graced this place. Dig his builds, along with Gaskill, and fordsnake... These and many others (Luke, TRM, and D.Science...) are where I aspire to be as a builder/designer.
I don't want to just think outside the box.
I want to eliminate the box completely.

Guitarl.

Just spent the morning gazing thru @irzouts blog.
1 of a handful of great builders who have graced this place. Dig his builds, along with Gaskill, and fordsnake... These and many others (Luke, TRM, and D.Science...) are where I aspire to be as a builder/designer.
I don't want to just think outside the box.
I want to eliminate the box completely.

Guitarl.
Hopefully Irzouts will join in again this year!

I kind of hate myself for loving this bike building thing.
I really don't want to do another build off any time soon, but I might end up sneaking in on this one.

Just did spring cleaning in my garage, and have a few projects in mind. All bikes that I actually want too.

Darn you ratrodbikes, darn you to heck...My nemesis.

No that wasn't edited by a mod, I really did type darn and heck... Shuckydangs just didn't seem to work.

Glad to know I am not the only one chomping at the bit to build more! I am soooo bored right now, want to start building but must wait a couple more weeks... at least I have a couple refurbs to get rolling and sell to keep me busy, .... Breezes, just sold a green one, almost finished with the blue one, and a red one shows up... couldnt refuse the $5 purchase price...
d1c5bd54cbbb8c9e51257f9dc6e6ee61.jpg

Is it may 1st yet...? Want to start building so badly, I am so excited about the next build I am forgetting I am headed to the fruita fat tire festival next week...

Is it may 1st yet...? Want to start building so badly, I am so excited about the next build I am forgetting I am headed to the fruita fat tire festival next week...
What kind of fest is that? Haha,fat tires obviously... But really, I've never heard of it. Where is it?

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

It is in Fruita, CO, this year is the 22nd annual. It is a festival all about mt bikes and riding. Check it out!

http://fruitafattirefestival.com

We are setting up to vend this year, our first time there. We trying out the cycling festival circuit this year, getting away from the craft and art shows. Attempting to reach a customer base that is 100% our customers, as opposed to the possibility of some cyclists, or friends of/family members of a cyclist, being at a art/craft show.

Last edited:
I'm in with this teaser pic.
KIMG0732[1].jpg

I put some placeholder wheels on it so it's easy to move around in my limited space... but I think it's got that look. Rat dragster.

Carl

Since I am divorced now with both kids in college and my dog and cat both died , I think I might have time to do it again this year. :21:
I'm not sure what to say, other than it'd be cool to see what you come up with.

Speaking of what to build....

... I've been designing a bike for a couple years.
I've asked a few guys here for advice on how to go about it, got some good advice.

If I attempt a build this year, I may as well go big.
Here's my rough sketch from two years ago.

81a7f9950494c100461ba2499c9a79fb.jpg
Hubless? Sweet!!

Latest posts

Back