Any model builders here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a Dremel 3000 for Christmas to start my car building :mrgreen:

Chips: PM Sent! :wink:

Rusty1: Those are beautiful! I´m in love with the 37 pickup.

jalopyjimmy13: Great chopp, cant wait to see more!

If anybody has extra 1/64 scale wheels and tires, let me know because I need a few sets :wink:

Wow, love the aged kits here. Sweet work.

DSCF4548.jpg

IdidOk.jpg

EngineTopPaint4.jpg

665.jpg

Here is a Diecast Fresh Cherry that I gutted and put a kit into.

DSCF4713.jpg

DSCF4712.jpg

Well it didn't come out anywhere near as nice as I wanted.......but a valuable lesson learned. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE VALSPAR PAINT!!!!!! I ended up going with Case IH red & white w/ the wite stripe resembling a stripe on a Farmall 1456. I gave this to my Dad since he's a Farmall & Case IH collector. I didn't do the detailing I wanted at all and my decals came out like carp!! The next one is already in the works......

A few more here: http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/mode ... page2.html

Doug & Baron....

They all look awesome!

I'm chugging away at another Pterbilt 352 for me this time. I'm going to attempt installing LED lighting on it.......never done it before. Headed to the hobby store now for a couple things. I'm making a rear bumper for the taillights, modded the front for lights, made holes in the rear of the cab for a couple lights and have filled in & smoothed out where the horns and cab lights would've gone. There's more but it doesn't do much good w/o pics....... :mrgreen:

Anyone here done LED lighting on a build? I'n not happy with what I'm finding at Radio Shack. They have a couple nice LED lights but in limited colors. Any good sources for a BIG selection of LEDs? Most of the sites I've seen pertaining to the hobby all have the same stuff.

Really enjoyed looking at all the pics. I use to build models when I was in my teens and that was about 20 years ago. I think I may just have to go buy a kit & build one.

Working on a little cheap diarama for my models. Not done with it yet but it's coming along nicely. Going to do a few old signs on the outside and a toolbox for the inside. Easy to do. Just find a picture of the texture you need, print it out, and glue it on cardboard.

P9250092.jpg

P9250089.jpg

Back