abandoned PA turnpike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
if i can figure out how to transfer pix from my phone to the computer id show some pix. until than you can google image the title of this thread.
before i started this thread i did search first and it seems it's only come up a couple times.

my pal heard about this old road and was hot to ride it. i said it looked cool, but can we wait until next spring when it gets warm?..no.
the last 2 weeks i rocked out a late 30s elgin for him and i took my 40s columbia.
we went last sat morning. we were unprepared:bigsmile:
we only pulled about 4 miles. the whole road is 13 miles.
it wasnt that cold but we made it about 1/2 way into the shorter tunnel and couldnt see the road....no headlights.
it was cool and fun.
and we're planning to go back next spring when its warm and we got headlights.
were both planning new bike builds for the ride.
i havent built a bike for myself in a couple years, but my gears are turning now. i'm gonna build a post apocalypse function only bike.
mad max dirty:cool2:

any of you guys ever ride this road?

Looks awesome!

23263776325_2958f335bf_z.jpg

22635352904_d12d3cdc63.jpg

Luke.

there are lots of youtube videos about that old deserted section of the Pennsylvania turnpike. some people bike it,others urban explore it. looks like fun to me!

That's cool as heck! Would love to take my 12V headlight bike down there.

I'd love to ride that. 13 miles isn't bad, and my old 6v GE lantern bulb would have it lit up as bright as headlights. But it's so far away from me:cry:

Latest posts

Back