A custom springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
you can have it built in China and sell them for millions on Ebay

Wouldn't it be best if we could design AND produce it locally, and let the Chinese consume their own cheap, poorly made crap??? Don't mean to have a go at anyone, I just remember that when it came to anything, from power tools to kids toys, you had a choice of the awesome imported version (ie: German, American, etc), the good all round locally made product, or the break-in-5-minutes crap from China. It just seems that these days the only choice you have is cheap or cheaper, and if you want the top of the line product, the pimple head at the counter doesn't know what you're talking about. This is a major problem I find particularly with bike parts.

Does anyone else have this problem???

PS, I'm from OZ, so American IS imported to me:)

Oh, and top idea anyway!!!

Sorry for the confusion ...The made in China part was a joke. My intension with this was to get all these guy's creative juices flowing. We have some really good designers here ,as can be seen in the fantastic bikes they come up with. Look at the forks so far and you will see that it is being done,just not all at the same time. My hopes are since everybody is sitting around staring at the walls ,because its winter ,that maybe some cool designs will emerge. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hey Uncle Stretch, sorry mate, I was pretty sure you were joking. I'm just a big supporter of local industry and have seen alot of good stuff disappear from the shelves because of the inundation(?) of cheap crap.

All good though, I hope any comments/info/opinions will make somebody think. And yeah, like you said, there is some serious talent amongst the blokes on this site, so I look forward to seeing what gets created.

Cheers!!!

I personally like the simple look when it comes to springers.

I think that's why I like the design of the Monarch forks so much...more complex than a non-suspension fork, but very clean looking.

rat1.jpg

Thanks RatRod i had a brain fart last night and couldnt picture that fork :oops: looks cool im a big fan of the Schwinn springer myself. I wounder if you could make that pivot point on the Monarch a little longer so the front wheel would be streched out a little farther and still be rideable?

Latest posts

Back