'41 Elgin build - done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '41 Elgin build

That seat is going to look horrible with you bike. I'll help you out by taking it off your hands for $20. :wink:

Well I tried it on the bike. It looks good, but not keeping in what I want. I may sell it, or set it to the side, not sure. But I think I need a different seat now. Shoulda payed attention to what color it was, the pic showed up so dark it looked black, till I realized after the fact it wasnt. :(

0102131626.jpg

0102131627a.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
kingfish254 said:
That seat is going to look horrible with you bike. I'll help you out by taking it off your hands for $20. :wink:

Not $20 but I'd consider selling it to fund doing another in black.

It was worth a shot!!! :p

Love the seat, but I'm really not in the market for one right now.
I think it looks great on your bike. Love the gator skin.

It is cool! Is that real "Gator" or stamped cowhide? How big of a piece do you have to buy to cover a seat like that?

Brown is the new black!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I can for the next one. They are semi easy. Once ya get the swing of things they go good. Im still a bit rusty (been a long while since I had done recovers) but this one came out better than my last. Im no expert, just dont mind doing as much as I can for any project I have, cars, bikes, houses and what ever. I figure I can mess something up once, learn a leason, and get it right the second time cheaper than paying someone. :lol: I also do some custom seating in my job as a ATP (I build custom wheel chairs, some up to $50,000 or a little more) so its not far off from some of the stuff I do or have done.

Thinking about it I'd have to have someone take pics at stretch time, it goes sorta fast once the glue is sprayed.

Onewheelsqueel said:
I build custom wheel chairs, some up to $50,000 or a little more

WOW! When I read that, this is what came to mind.

wheelchair_hotrod.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
I can for the next one. They are semi easy. Once ya get the swing of things they go good. Im still a bit rusty (been a long while since I had done recovers) but this one came out better than my last. Im no expert, just dont mind doing as much as I can for any project I have, cars, bikes, houses and what ever. I figure I can mess something up once, learn a leason, and get it right the second time cheaper than paying someone. :lol: I also do some custom seating in my job as a ATP (I build custom wheel chairs, some up to $50,000 or a little more) so its not far off from some of the stuff I do or have done.

Thinking about it I'd have to have someone take pics at stretch time, it goes sorta fast once the glue is sprayed.

Cool, I'll be watchin'.

kingfish254 said:
Onewheelsqueel said:
I build custom wheel chairs, some up to $50,000 or a little more

WOW! When I read that, this is what came to mind.

wheelchair_hotrod.jpg

Lol I used to have that pic on my tool box ar work.

This is the type of equipment I do. Sorta a boring video, not our company, but shows the higher end of what I do.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

I also do custom seating, and custom molded seating for people with severe deformities.

Onewheelsqueel said:
I figure I can mess something up once, learn a leason, and get it right the second time cheaper than paying someone. :lol:

Excellent philosophy....I'm the same way. :D

Got a light for it, and some 3spd / front drum brake Worksman wheels for it. So the question is what looks better, silver or black wheels?

0115131652.jpg

Boy I wish you could bring that Sat. to the ride it looks fantastic!

Here's the black rims for reference.

1231121529.jpg

I'd paint the worksman wheels. Could paint just the rim and not the spokes.

Tell ya what those rims are HEAVY!

Oh Kevin you have to ask, The chrome ones look great the black ones are hideous, you should put the black ones in your car and bring them to my house right away so you never consider using them again. 8)

All kidding aside I like the look of the black ones but all the features of the chrome ones, I think I might be tempted to paint the chrome rims maybe.

Latest posts

Back