'41 Elgin build - done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '41 Elgin build

Got some work in on this one. Stripped down two seats and made one, got it in paint waitimg on material to cover it wait till ya see it done. Also striped some drop centers down and paimted em, what a pain to do fully assembled. It wouldnt have been so bad if it werent so caked in tar like grease. Dont like the bars, Im bent over to much, doesnt feel good on my back. Thinking some crescent shaped zero drop bars cut short. Also not sure I like the rattle of the light. I have stuff coming for it still, and still looking for a light. Needs a drop standand clip as well, its a pain to prop up. Also needs scallops and clear, along with a tank eventually.

1230121133c.jpg

1230121133.jpg

1230121133b.jpg

Also, I had noticed how short it looked in general. Confirmed how short when I hit my foot with the fender turning, Im only 5'5".

Nice work!!! She is a beauty!!!

Thanks.

Got the truss rods in today and got em on. Also swapped on some black grips for now, need to find some Other black ones I like.

1231121529.jpg

While I was pulling the bike out to take a pic my youngest came out to see what I was up to. So we took the bikes down the block and back. It was cold! Lol

1231121539.jpg

Thanks Sleeps. Not done but got in my seat leather and hope to cover it tomorrow. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Also got a Ichi gear in, waiting on my wheel set and other than a tank and light it is near done parts wise, but a bit of labor to put into it.

You've done Skipton proud ! Do the internals of the flashlight rattle ? Maybe a well placed strip of tape on the battery's to take up some space .

Thanks, Im not done yet. And got my seat matterial in the mail yesterday also, so if I can get over my hangover Ill cover it today. Yeah, the batts rattle, I was thinking wrapping them in paper or thin card board to take up the space they bounce around in. I realy want to get a appropriate headlight for it though also. If theres no snow for the Tail Draggers I will probably bring this one to the gtg. Otherwise the Clyde cruiser is waiting with chunky shoes on.

Thanks.

Went out to eat, got back and tackled the seat. Its a drlark chocolate brown, meant to order a black leather but had looked at so may auctions for leather I got a bit of brain fade and ordered this on accident. May try the cork grips with it, but gotta see it in the day light to see if they go together. Meant to stay with the steel, black and red theme, but it may work out pretty well with dark brown seat and grips. Sometimes I put way to much thought into things. Lol.

0101131843.jpg

Thanks.

I wish the Monark was done by now. Im waiting on some cloth covered wire to wire up the lights. They sent the wrong color. And gotta figure out the switch as well. So in the meantime Ive been doing everything I can for this.

Back