30cc pro rotary lady bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

change to chain drive?

• yes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was wondering if this pro rotary 30cc engine would go faster if i change it from hub drive to chain drive..can run up to 25 to 30mph..200watts...can carry up to 3 person...drive shaft is on the left side(chain side on a bike)....as i have searched on the net it is low in rpm but high in torque..

here are some pictures..

piyos.jpg

piyos2.jpg

Image2391.jpg

fist design option will be a board track style..
Image2390.jpg

Image2389.jpg

Image2388.jpg

other supporting details...

http://www.rotarybike.com/downloads/motor_output.pdf

all of your comments and suggestions will be appreciated....

That's a bit more expensive than the china doll kits. What you're trying to accomplish (go faster) is a decrease in final drive ratio, OR increase the peak RPM of the motor. Of course the faster you make the motor go the faster it wears out. Looking at that motor I have a hunch a proper expansion pipe could do wonders for both peak RPM and usable power across it's entire power band.

Modifying the transmission to a chain drive would let change the file drive ratio by selecting different size chain rings. BUT before doing that I would open up the transmission on the unit and see if I could simply swap gears to do the same thing. McMaster Carr carries about every standard gear on earth and I would be surprised if you can't simply change out a couple of gears to get a new final drive ratio.

Re: 30cc pro rotary lady bike--board track racer or OCC chopper?

which fork set up will best fit, works well with the motor, and looks awesome for my bike?..

with out the springer fork...
Image2414.jpg

Image2415.jpg

Image2416.jpg

Image2417.jpg

this is my springer fork...and the handlebar for a board track style.
Image2419.jpg

Image2420.jpg

Image2421.jpg

Image2422.jpg

Image2422.jpg

Image2425.jpg

Image2426.jpg

i need more ideas guys... all of your suggestions will be appreciated...

Hello pyoskaman,
I just bought one of these Rotary Ladybikes, used, but in great shape for my girlfriend - yellow.
I did a simple tune up on it - plug, fuel and air filter, new petcock and fuel line.
But nothing like the disassembly and reconstruction you have done. You would know a lot more about it than I do.
I couldn't begin to answer your question about converting it from a hub drive to a chain drive - sorry.
But can I ask you a question?
How do you access the carborator to adjust it? It still stalls out sometimes on full throttle.
Remember I am no where near as skilled a mechanic as you are. When I take off the small black cover above the engine
I can see the choke and throttle levers and cable but how do I get to the carb. to adjust it?
Thanks, Robert.

hi sir robert,

this is my answer to your question..first you have to identify the cables for the throttle and for the choke....these cables should be on their right positions on the carb levers which you can see on the picture below..the shorter ever is for the grip throttle and long lever is for the choke.you said that your engine stalls during full rev i think it is because of the wrong cable installations....
Photo0278.jpg

in case my first answer doesn't work and you already have the proper cable connections....try this cutting the wire from the carb to the CDi....this is what i have searched on the net and proven that is works....the only disadvantage is that there's no more choke....but anyways...there are still two terminals(red and blue) which you can cut and put on a new choke switch...
Photo0279.jpg

if you have the bike in pristine condition try not to use it more often..their engines last for at least two years of full service warranty..after that there goes the aging problems because of wear and tear of the parts inside the engine...i used to have two of these engines(lady bike frame and the full suspension mtb frame) now thier in pieces...here in the Philippines its hard to find good money to buy new parts and fix the engine..with very low ..the problem with my engines right now is that they both have damage connecting rods(as you have seen in the picture)...i dont know their true origins(taiwan or australia)..my aunt sold the 2 bike to me for only 50$..they are the exact copies of sachs 301 from europe which is more robust and powerfull...

Latest posts

Back