2008 projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg it is watyyyyyyy too soon for me to be thinking that far ahead. i guess one project would be....... getting my licence back :shock:

just found a newer style stingray for real cheap, might wait a few days to see if the bids go anywhere
ive always had an idea that involves completely cannibalising one but i could never justify buying a whole brand new one for full price

ANT's rule.
There's a local Ant dealer here, he rides a Frontalloadontome daily. They've come out with a new hub that has an integrated brushless DC generator, genious!

Colonel.jpg

woot well looks like i need to find at least one new 08 project. got my licence back (does the rat rod happy dance) so if your in sac area and see a droped black ranchero on red steelies with a HOOLIGANS sticker in the rear window honk and say hi. hmmmm now then i do have that silly chopper thing sitting in the garage i think it is time to rip grind and burn.

WOW were do I start? Both myself and my little Firewalkers have lots of plans this 08. The Hiawatha is one I would like to finish this year
IMG_2154.jpg

I hope to do a full knock off of the bike to match my HotRod

The Custom Chopper will be one of the first to finish this year now that I have the parts
IMG_1947.jpg

I just picked up a 70 CCM bike from Kev I would like to a Fire Theme to aswell?
IMG_2669.jpg

My sons WildCat and his teachers bike (pictures soon to fallow) over the next few weeks
IMG_2699.jpg

Plus there is more that I would like to do to the Pic"N"nic Cruiser before it is off to the show room
IMG_2327.jpg

There is more.....but this is a good start because knowing me I'm sure I will find many "other" cool bikes to build :mrgreen: :wink:

I look forward to seeing everybody else's builds and ideas this year for more insperation!!!!!

Happy New Year! guys/gals Murray

1108projects006.jpg

1108projects002.jpg

1108projects004.jpg

1108projects003.jpg

1108projects001.jpg

1108projects005.jpg

Supposed to have 58 degrees by Saturday, so hope to get some paint on a couple of these, the paint off my DX and will be doing something to my Mart-Ray here pretty soon.

I'm going to work on putting single speed dropouts on en old schwinn high sierra that already has a busted dropout.
A really early BMX frame that was built by murray.
The cleaveland welding straight-bar frame that I have
An xtracycle that I've never built up
And possible mess with some electric bikes.

Bike Projects for 2008. I want to build a "Rust Rat" using a 1930's skiptooth WF with factory springer. I want to build a "Slammed Rat" Using a 26' frame in the attic with a 26" low ride springer and some of my own ideas with the rear dropouts. And, I Want to build an "E-Trike" a tricycle made with aluminum composite materials and (don't tell anybody) a motor assist, with big surprizes. but first I have to take care of some other projects. better get at it. Happy New Year! Dangerous Dan

well, I still have the Murray that I have never started from the last build off(but I'm still collecting parts for). I've got a 24-inch schwinn mountain bike with a suspension fork that I want to make into a kickbike ( I have a friend with a welder). I got my wal-krate that is still in the box in the basement(I need a sissybar and a chrome 20-inch front rim). I gotta 12?-inch kids bike begging to be made into a pixie racer. And I'm trying to save my pennies to get a 24-inch Nexus wheel set so I can build up an everyday multi-speed rider.

I go in friday to get my wisdom teeth out (at 42!) so I have a (drugged) week off from work to fiddle around in the basement. We'll see what happens.

jeff

Started working on this tonight. Trying to remove the parts that I am not going to use with as little damage as possible! ALL removed parts will be saved. This bike was my Father in laws', 1938 Monarch. I would like to refinish it and give it to my son for his birthday in February. He can decide, in the future, which one of my grandchildren will get it. There are lots of stories that go with this bike. My wife will make a photo journal with written stories of her father to pass on to future generations. OH YEAH! Happy new year!

071.jpg

GRAMPA1001.jpg

great ride kota!!!!
dont do anything foolish(like paint it) if it were mine id get as much rust off all the britework(chrome, nicad plating, and such) regrease everything, hit the frame with some rubbing compound and call it done(or should i say great!!)

btw thanks for ripping my heart out saw that and thought of the columbia i didnt get :x
these are just my .01$ opinions.......after all it is you bike :mrgreen:

sensor said:
great ride kota!!!!
dont do anything foolish(like paint it) if it were mine id get as much rust off all the britework(chrome, nicad plating, and such) regrease everything, hit the frame with some rubbing compound and call it done(or should i say great!!)

btw thanks for ripping my heart out saw that and thought of the columbia i didnt get :x

HAHAHHA, I CAN SECOND THAT NOTION............. all tho, a COMPLETE resto would be super sick. especialy passing it on to the next generation, with the album and all. thats fantastic, it would be like my dad giving me his 55 chevy truck that he got when i was like 3....... THAT thing would get a massive overhaul........ i KNOW id have to leave the straight six in it tho, or hed haunt me for the rest of my life hahahhahahhaha

sensor said:
great ride kota!!!!

I know, I know, BUT not everyone has an appreciation for "rusted out" bikes. That would be my kids! My son is in his thirties, And HIS kids are teenagers, I want them to RIDE this bike and create THEIR own stories to pass on, and the only way they will pay attention to the bike is if it LOOKS new. Therefore I am going to make a RESTO ROD, not a RAT ROD. This bike is pretty beaten up, the pix make it look a lot better then it REALLY is. All the original parts will go with the bike (close up photos of the original paint scheme), and maybe some day a great, great, great grandchild will RESTORE it to original. OR, make it the way THEY want it. It will always be the SAME bike. We should all try to do this with at least ONE bike.

well good luck and.........since they want new looking bike ill trade you 2 cruiser s.s.'s for that rusty hulk :wink: !!!
can understand(make sure when you do the photo doc. that you take pics of the scallops and measure the lenght and placement in case some one wants to restore it down the line) and yeah ive painted a few things that would make some cringe myself :mrgreen:

Firewalker, that Picnic bike is INSANE. Wow, what a great use of a step through girl's frame. That is really amazing! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back