20" Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a new one today..looks like the son of the cruiser 5 I got not too long ago! 20 " frame and forks, big ole apes and battered seat....this should be fun!!!
100_0601.jpg
[/img]
heres papa...
100_0582.jpg
[/img]
...more pics soon...

thanx kev. Just threw it together for now...the wheelie king is back!!! This thing is a blast!! :D :D :D

Was gonna save this for the build off but just cant wait!! 20 inch Schwinn cruiser frame, 26 inch springer with 20 inch rims. Thought about a 16 inch on front but like the look of the 20 with the longer forks. Made a fender extender from a crossbar off an old set of bmx bars. Now I need a non-schwinn slick.Think Ill strip it down and paint it something metallic-y. Got the light on the sissybar too!!!
100_0823.jpg
[/img]

I love papa rat, The schwinn cruiser5 i love it!!!!!!

Markm said:
Was gonna save this for the build off but just cant wait!! 20 inch Schwinn cruiser frame, 26 inch springer with 20 inch rims. Thought about a 16 inch on front but like the look of the 20 with the longer forks. Made a fender extender from a crossbar off an old set of bmx bars. Now I need a non-schwinn slick.Think Ill strip it down and paint it something metallic-y. Got the light on the sissybar too!!!
100_0823.jpg
[/img]

Sweeeet !!! - the 26" springer looks like it fits well, ie: not too chopper-ed out, but stretched enough to be cool. I agree with your choice of a 20" front over the 16". 16's are for racing pixie bikes!

This bike just cries out for a full-on, metalflake candy paint.

How's the handling with this combo? I've been considering something similar. In the past I've tried 10-speed forks (27") but that resulted in evil, evil handling. The springer looks promising.

-Mp

basscadetz said:
you know the best thing about this bike? that old school plastic coated combination lock/chain.

im not being sarcastic, those bring me back.

Me too...I was thinking the same thing!
I used to be able to Pick my lock in about 3 minutes..

Spin first numbered ring as your pulling....POP!
Spin second numbered ring as pulling....POP!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

very cool bike Mark...It's a real Cat Walkin Machine,
I love it,

Kev.

thanx guys. Thats funny Kev, that lock came on another bike and I had to pick it. Doesnt make me feel too safe using it! Surprisingly it handles well.

HEY! I WANT THAT CITY MORGE SIGN TO HANG ON OUR FRONT DOOR OF THE HOUSE!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back