1985 Bridgestone Blouson "Tron Bike"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just won this on ebay (well, same model as this, anyhow). Will I keep it stock? Customize it? Hmmmmm........

31-bridgestone-blouson.jpg
EbayAd-BridgestoneBlouson.jpg

I have seen the brochure but never a real one. Cool find. I say customize, customize, customize.

Looks like a modern style Mixtie..?

I am fantasizing about a pair of mooneye aluminum covers for the rear wheel... meh, maybe just a pair of black plastic covers and maybe a mag-spoked front?

1985 Bridgestone Blouson
This Bicycle was designed by the Italian firm of Giuguaro who has architecture, automobiles, watches, appliances and even tires to it's credit. The bikes weren't very well received here in the US and only about 100 or less were imported to this country.

Yeah, I have read mixed reviews on how this bike rides. I guess I'll find out for myself next week.

As for stretching it out, I don't have the tools---even if I wanted to. My customization skills are limited to: (1) Bolt/Screw on; (2) Spray on; (3) Tape/Glue on.

Bad luck. The ebay seller says it was stolen a few days ago. Had a poor excuse as to why he didn't cancel the auction. He says he'll reverse the PayPal tonight. I hope he isn't lying to me.

Crud...

I tried to contact this seller and buy the bike, but he never responded to my questions.
I hope you get your money back.

He seems like he is cooperating, but what I had to do was lodge a despute/claim with Paypal. We'll see what happens.

Big Fat Bummer!

I have this exact bike. it's the same color, all origional, even the tires. What are these things goin for now? I want to get rid of it. my phone number is 541-613-8888 or email - [email protected]

Doon said:
I tried to contact this seller and buy the bike, but he never responded to my questions.
I hope you get your money back.
i have an all origional (even the tires), same color, for sale. please contact me with any inquaries you may have. ian - 541-613-8888 or email - [email protected]

That thing would look good with a double top tube, or down tube, which ever you call it. :D cool bike.

At the risk of sounding cynical I wouldn't have mentioned the bike until it was in your garage. There's a possibility the seller didn't think to do any research on the bike before he sold it... a google search amongst other things would have brought him here... at which point he thinks to himself that he's undersold it and welches on the deal, only for it to be re-sold by someone else on his behalf at a higher price! Posting something on the internet that you're thinking of buying is a bit like saying 'does anyone else fancy having this before I do' there's plenty of lurkers (online anywhere, any site) who wouldn't think twice about gazumping you on any given deal... FWIW :|

Back