1952 Lady Monark Super Deluxe Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing my Lady "Marilyn" Monark Super Deluxe Bicycle! I want to restore my minty green gem to her original beauty...

b78c383636a33d90b271fa60db1c0267.jpg
5476e481fd1625a884b4aa3ebe8c5a04.jpg
fd9f27c238dfc58dcae2206cf75f6c94.jpg
a408646692a6ceb7111366a61637e978.jpg
cba3dd219c7c9b8adcda8fa16894340b.jpg
010ccc6273290442645884bf4ef0e1a6.jpg
fb48edb9a2eec9feec0c015b1f50cd10.jpg
c237a75141ce68944c82566547777967.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please don't restore this bike, the original paint is way too nice. More valuable to leave it be. Looks like it would clean up very nicely. Good Luck.

Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly! The paint job is original and is still in decent shape. Love it's nostalgic minty green color!
The chrome can be buffed up? That's probably the only restoration I would ever do, besides fix up the tires!

Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly! The paint job is original and is still in decent shape. Love it's nostalgic minty green color!
The chrome can be buffed up? That's probably the only restoration I would ever do, besides fix up the tires!

Sounds like a plan, you can research for similar bikes that have sold to get an idea on price if you decide to sell it. IMO probably around 450$, 500$ maybe, depending on where you're at. I'm far from an expert though.

Sounds like a plan, you can research for similar bikes that have sold to get an idea on price if you decide to sell it. IMO probably around 450$, 500$ maybe, depending on where you're at. I'm far from an expert though.

I'm not an expert at all either, but I don't think I would ever go lower than $750, because I've seen original parts such as the rear fender go for $135, a set of original pedals for $175 or the original rear rack go for $120! She needs her chrome buffed, tires and a good greasing. I wouldn't even attempt to touch the paint.

I'm not an expert at all either, but I don't think I would ever go lower than $750, because I've seen original parts such as the rear fender go for $135, a set of original pedals for $175 or the original rear rack go for $120! She needs her chrome buffed, tires and a good greasing. I wouldn't even attempt to touch the paint.

And the front fender with train light as high as $330 on eBay! Wow! Maybe its value is $950!?!
She's too pretty to give up anywho!

Welcome to RatRodBikes!
This is a great forum!
This is the For Sale section. There is a Intro section for new members. A great Bike ID and Value section. And a simple set of Classified Forum Rules at the top of this page to help people out. You have a great looking bike! :)

Welcome to RatRodBikes!
This is a great forum!
This is the For Sale section. There is a Intro section for new members. A great Bike ID and Value section. And a simple set of Classified Forum Rules at the top of this page to help people out. You have a great looking bike! :)

Thank you, this is an amazing forum. It's great to connect with fellow bike enthusiasts!

Great looking bike! I have one just like it.
I would recommend soaking the chrome parts overnight in vinegar and then follow with chrome polish. The vinegar will not harm the paint, so there is no need to get too aggressive with taking it apart. Good luck!
monark.jpg

This is an older picture, I have sense swapped the saddle and flipped the bars back upright.

Great looking bike! I have one just like it.
I would recommend soaking the chrome parts overnight in vinegar and then follow with chrome polish. The vinegar will not harm the paint, so there is no need to get too aggressive with taking it apart. Good luck!
View attachment 62954

This is an older picture, I have sense swapped the saddle and flipped the bars back upright.

Thanks! What chrome polish do you recommend?
Ps Love what you did to your ride!

Thanks! What chrome polish do you recommend?
Ps Love what you did to your ride!
Mothers is good but probably any brand would work fine. Even regular car wax would work.

Hi! So its in the Forsale section,, is it for sale? I really want one for my wife to match mine.
thanks

Sorry, I don't know if I would want to part with her, I actually wanted to start tinkering. I'd probably just ask for an outrageous price anyway. And I didn't realize she was in the for sale section. I'm very new to this site.

Sorry, I don't know if I would want to part with her, I actually wanted to start tinkering. I'd probably just ask for an outrageous price anyway. And I didn't realize she was in the for sale section. I'm very new to this site.

Really sweet that you want your wife's bike to match yours! [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Latest posts

Back