█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexSpaceliner 6/23 Maiden Voyage

menzorro said:
Very nice bike and I especially like the chain guard idea.

Thanks zorro. It's starting to come together.

WOW! Looking AMAZING!

For the 'springy' front end, got a matching 650/in spring like the rear? maybe a stiffer front end would firm up the steering. I really like the chainguard concept, how about these? I'm not sure what the dimensions are on the guard, but this should be pretty close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flying-Tige...334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c66045e46

I especially like the look of the two decals facing each other, looks like one of those crazed rabbits you keep posting! :lol: :lol: :lol:
$(KGrHqNHJE4E+VBsQh7cBP1lo(McIQ~~60_57.JPG

Keep going buddy.

P.S. 8 days until there's sand between my nose, salt air in my lungs and margaritas in my belly, see you soon.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
P.S. 8 days until there's sand between my nose, salt air in my lungs and margaritas in my belly, see you soon.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dude!!! Why is there going to be sand between your NOSE????!!!! Are you planning on faceplanting in the sand after too many margaritas???!!! :p :D

Dr. Tankenstein said:
WOW! Looking AMAZING!

For the 'springy' front end, got a matching 650/in spring like the rear? maybe a stiffer front end would firm up the steering. I really like the chainguard concept, how about these? I'm not sure what the dimensions are on the guard, but this should be pretty close.

I especially like the look of the two decals facing each other, looks like one of those crazed rabbits you keep posting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep going buddy.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yo Tank, still laughing about the sand between your nose. I love the beehive so I don't want to replace it, but maybe I could place one of the modern spring inside of the hive???? That could actually look cool as well if I paint it red. Hmmmm, thanks for sparking an idea. I have a few of these springs in 650, 750 and 850.

I saw those stickers on ebay. The length is good but the height is too big. I kind of want to contain my Flying Tiger mouth within the lower front indented area on teh chainguard. But these graphics are vivid enough to give a good refernce point as I lay it out.

The face to face does kinda look like the freaky update bunnies. Maybe I should model my snarling chainguard after the Freaky Bunnies instead of the Flying Tigers!!!! :p

bunnyteeth.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
OOPS! EDIT! TOES! TOES!

Maybe after too many ritas, you never know........

Cheers,
Dr. T

Too late I already captured it in the quote reply!!!!

Looking forward to talking bikes over a beer or two when you come down.

Hey kingfish,have you thought about making decals like Chips Mahoy did on Border Patrol?
That's something I really want to check out for future builds.

Circa Cycles said:
Hey kingfish,have you thought about making decals like Chips Mahoy did on Border Patrol?
That's something I really want to check out for future builds.

A buddy of mine works at the college print shop and I think he can hook me up with some stickers.

I decoded that double bolting the rear arms to the springer u-arm would be more than sufficient and maybe even better than my previous plan.
I really need to get the stainless spring bolt bracket welded to the frame though.

WP_001961.jpg

Picked up this stainless ice cream scoop with a bottle opener. Figured I would use it somewhere. Well I needed a coaster brake brace, so out came the ice cream scoop.
I cut the scoop end off and positioned it on teh pivot bolt, so that the brace will be able to move with the rear end.

temporary-12.jpg

WP_001960.jpg

WP_001962.jpg

WP_001963.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Obligatory bottle opener. 8)

It's in the rules isn't it?????

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Hey thanks! I just had one of those senior moments, seeing the ice cream scope reminded me of a New Belgium Fat tire opener I have. Now to figure out where to use it on mine.
Your bike is looking good.

Lookin' good! :D I agree, them Hanks are SWEET! :wink:

Skipton said:
kingfish254 said:

Bike is looking great!

The Hanks look "TUFF"

Chainguard idea will be killer! :mrgreen:

Thanks skip, hope you get some time in July to pop back on the scene.

I really like the Hanks too. I am thinking about replacing the Hanks logo with the Flex-Liner logo.

I hope I am not overdoing it on the tank. Right now it will have the Freaky Bunny snarling mouth, the red lighted louver vents, and the copper exhaust pipes.

MazdaFlyer said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Hey thanks! I just had one of those senior moments, seeing the ice cream scope reminded me of a New Belgium Fat tire opener I have. Now to figure out where to use it on mine.
Your bike is looking good.

That has happened to me more than a few times during BO7. Someone will say or show something and :idea: DING :idea: , an idea will pop in my head.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Lookin' good! :D I agree, them Hanks are SWEET! :wink:

Thanks Ray. The redlines and the slickiness of the Hanks really pop.

Super nice bike man, looks soooooooo fast! Still got plenty of time for the flying tiger or killer bunny look... KILLER BUNNIES!!! :x

EastOfEastLos said:
Super nice bike man, looks soooooooo fast! Still got plenty of time for the flying tiger or killer bunny look... KILLER BUNNIES!!! :x

Thanks east. I didn't push the speed limit since I didn't have some things totally locked down yet. It does have a cool leaping forward fast stance to it, but with the Nexus 7, I should get some good speed out of it.

I am looking forward to painting the Snarling Freaky Bunny Lips chainguard!

Back