█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexSpaceliner 6/23 Maiden Voyage

mitchelangelo said:
Whoa dude! That is one spacy'ed out ride. You're gonna need a flight helmet to pilot this down the runway!! :D

Thanks Mitch, but on this ride I didn't even have any of the wings installed or my chainguard with lights and exhaust pipes.

Just call me George Jetson!!!! :p

Glad you got to take a spin,Man :D There's nothing like the first ride on a new project 8) 8) I'm totally jealous :mrgreen:

bike2112 said:
King, your bike is coming along awesome. I think we need to ban the metal tape cause you are killing it dude!

Can you think of a better mockup accessorie when you are working on a chrome bike??????
Thanks for the props!

Circa Cycles said:
Glad you got to take a spin,Man :D There's nothing like the first ride on a new project 8) 8) I'm totally jealous :mrgreen:
Me too. I jumped on Joan got 6 feet and the chain popped off cuz the frames not tightened to the sissy bar. Back to the drawing board :?

yoothgeye said:
I'm glad it's working well for you, you've had to do a lot of engineering and I really respect that, also, it still manages to look stock. 8)

The rear end did take a lot of testing (which is still going on some).
I am still trying to tweak the springer fork to work like it would have in the past. I am really surprised that no one else that has had this style fork has ever worked out the missing pieces. They all just say that it was loose (because that is what you would have to do to make it work).

Thanks for the props yooth. It will look a little less stock when I put the wings and light on.

Peatbog said:
I don't think I have ever seen handlebars that were better matched to a bike than those ones are. I know all the springy action is really cool, but those handlebars on that bike just make me want to look at them over and over.

Wow, hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks a lot Peat!!!

I really do like the way this bike looks like it is about to take a forward leap. I think the bars help with that effect. I would have made the stick shift a bit more angled and pointing, but thats not such a good thing health wise for a stickshift.

When I do my anodized red accent painting, I might even paint the handlebars anodized red. We'll see.

That thing is sick, glad to see you getting to take a shake down ride. Getting ready to start on the second part of my build.

Jake Sensi said:
Peatbog said:
I don't think I have ever seen handlebars that were better matched to a bike than those ones are. I know all the springy action is really cool, but those handlebars on that bike just make me want to look at them over and over.
Yo B!! Ya bike is slammin'!! I don't know but if ya paint it it might just blow us all away! The bike looks well balanced front to back. Go brother!!

Thanks brotha man!!

Not planning any paint on the chrome frame. It should shine up pretty good. But I do have some anodized red planned for the forks, rear arms, and other pieces. I might even paint the handlebars anodized red.

Circa Cycles said:

It was a fun ride. Also an anxious ride with all of the potential suspension issues. Most everything is minor tuning and tweaking. I was very pleased.

Jake Sensi said:
Circa Cycles said:
Me too. I jumped on Joan got 6 feet and the chain popped off cuz the frames not tightened to the sissy bar. Back to the drawing board :?

Bummer Jake. I was kinda worried that something would screw up with the rear end and I would end up with spring loaded coctail shaker up my bum. :p

dragnusa said:
That thing is sick, glad to see you getting to take a shake down ride. Getting ready to start on the second part of my build.

Thanks dragon, it was fun.
Looking forward to seeing what else you have planned!

After looking back over my photos, I really like this angle.

WP_001957.jpg

I have also been thinking about something like this in the old "Spaceliner" front bottom section of the chainguard.

flying-tiger-plane-garry-gay.jpg

WP_001642.jpg

tin machine said:
wow !! you have really done a great job on this bike , you have got something to be proud of , great ideas and smoking vintage mean looking bike , this bike is a winner 8) 8)

Thanks a ton Tin, I am feeling pretty proud of it so far, but I still have a lot left before Aug 7.

kingfish254 said:
I have also been thinking about something like this in the old "Spaceliner" front bottom section of the chainguard.

flying-tiger-plane-garry-gay.jpg

WP_001642.jpg
That graphic is RAAAAD!! It'll look right at home on the Spaceliner guard.

Critter1 said:
That graphic is RAAAAD!! It'll look right at home on the Spaceliner guard.

It's been in my head for quite a while now. I just have to pull it off now.
Not sure if I will do it with masking or I just might freehand it.

char said:
Yeah! Oh that would look so good on the guard! Please do this! :D

Practically certain that this WILL happen.

bighit said:
Glad it worked out for you. Just enough to smooth the bumps, but not enough to caise problems.

Thanks bighit. I can't wait to take the finished product down to Star Bike and compare it with their 39 TwinFlex. Hmmmmm, I wonder if they would take down their TwinFlex for a photoshoot??? 8)

Back