█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/12 Video Update page 34

Circa Cycles said:
Absolutely hilarious video :!: :!: Great job :wink:

Thanks man, I'm glad so many people are finding enjoyment in it.

Well, I got out in the shop tonight, but I didn't accomplish much, let's see...

First, I got this bike off the car, I'd been driving around with it on the roof rack for a couple days, picked it up for $15, just liked it for parts, but once I grab all the pink stuff off, I'm going to replace it with black parts and see if I can sell it. I picked at the corner of a decal and it came right off with no residue left, then they all came off that way! :shock: I'm starting to think they were made to be easily removed.
SAM_0814.jpg

When I went out to the shop I grabbed this handful of parts from the utility room. The camouflage seat and pedals are going on the Haro seen below.
SAM_0816.jpg

Here's the Haro I've named "Polished Turd" that I've been working on for myself as a beater and hand-me-down for my son. I found a set of 2.3" wide tires for it too. I went ahead and swapped the new seat and pedals after I took this photo:
SAM_0815.jpg

You might have noticed these in the last photo, my wife got them for me, they will go on G.I.JESSE JAMES:
SAM_0818.jpg

It was already late and I didn't want to start cutting and welding so I worked on my headlight.

The little flashlights I'm using have a focusing lens, so I had to figure out how they came apart and got them torn down:
SAM_0819.jpg

Then I cut up the bodies and drilled them for a pop rivet. I also soldered a wire to the positive battery terminal:
SAM_0830.jpg

Installed!
SAM_0831.jpg

Now I just need a battery holder. I put the reflector back in it and it works well. It projects a flat beam of light about 8 to 10 feet in front of you on the ground about 12 feet wide. Once I have a battery holder I'll install it inside the housing and it utilizes the external switch on the light.

Now I get to go to bed. Been a busy day. Getting ready for a big fundraiser yard sale at church, I need to throw some bikes together for it. Took the kids to see Madagascar 3 tonight.

I just watched the video!...Yes at One in the morning. I literally had to hold my hand over my mouth I was laughing so hard (didn't want to wake up the wife!)...Just sat here quietly shaking with laughter...You sir...are a genius! ....Now on to a brake cable...

Joker-n-Jack said:
I just watched the video!...Yes at One in the morning. I literally had to hold my hand over my mouth I was laughing so hard (didn't want to wake up the wife!)...Just sat here quietly shaking with laughter...You sir...are a genius! ....Now on to a brake cable...

Thank you. I just watched it myself again and it really shouldn't, but it still makes me laugh, so I was sitting here at 2am shaking instead of laughing to keep from waking the wife and kids.

Have fun with that brake cable.

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/13 Some Work Done pg 36

And on the 44th day, He said "Let there be light!"

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/13 Some Work Done pg 36

Thanks guys, I can't think of a good way of showing you the light in the dark, maybe a video, anyway.

I've been promising to show y'all the improvements to my shop.

Last year at the beginning of the build-off the upstairs of my shop looked like this:
IMG_4094.jpg

Then it got messy, then during the hurricane last in August a 100 year old white oak fell on it:
IMG_4683.jpg

The outside was bad, the inside was trashed:
IMG_4690.jpg

It might not look bad but it had over 6 inches of water come in through the ceiling, pretty much everything had to be thrown away. I had to strip out all the sheet rock and insulation and trim.

I ended up sanding and refinishing the heart pine flooring, having new sheet rock put it, painted, put in new windows, got new rugs and furniture and some nice touches. I still have to trim around the windows and do some other things, but here is the upstairs now:
SAM_0823.jpg

(need to get that wall cabinet out of the floor)

When I ripped out the old sheet rock it exposed the old brick chimney, I left it exposed and made that little shelf out of extra old floor boards to cover the hole from the old furnace. My wife bought me that clock for Christmas:
SAM_0825.jpg

Here's a lamp I made specifically for this room using 2 sprockets and a seat post:
SAM_0826.jpg

Couldn't pass this up at a thrift store:
SAM_0827.jpg

My wife put this photo collage together for me as a surprise using photos I'd take of my bikes:
SAM_0828.jpg

I knew this wouldn't photo well because they reflect, but I put together this license plate wall hanging:
SAM_0829.jpg

You can still build bikes up here, but there is a separate room for that and I'm not done with it yet. I will also be finishing the bathroom up there too.

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/13 New Shop Photos pg36

Nice joint!!
We have heart pine floors throughout our house and love them.
Cool bike touches too.

kingfish254 said:
Nice joint!!
We have heart pine floors throughout our house and love them.
Cool bike touches too.

Thanks, I have a couple more bike pieces up there and more bike details/art pieces coming.

Cool place you there man! Nice work! Love all the little bike bits and pictures, looks real nice 8)

tanksalot said:
This will help you sleep better tonight .. :D :lol: Im not making a side car .
Im doing this instead . :mrgreen: Im sorry there is no bunny in the photo.. :D

Wow, that will help me sleep better... that and the fact that I'm exhausted and half blind from swimming in an over chlorinated pool and it hurts to hold my eyes open. :mrgreen:

char said:
Cool place you there man! Nice work! Love all the little bike bits and pictures, looks real nice 8)

Thanks, my wife really helped me out a lot with the project because she could see my vision. I wanted a "man cave" vibe, but I don't like the stigma of a man cave, so this is the family cave. My kids love to go up there.

tanksalot said:
I like the bike collage photos. I have this photo in my living room its a Eagle that landed next to my bike last year .
The bike & the Eagle made the local paper ..

Cool photo, I hope to add even more bike touches, but we're kind of in the middle of a build-off and my time is tight. :wink:

I bet that Eagle likes Bunnies!!!!

tanksalot said:
This will help you sleep better tonight .. :D :lol: Im not making a side car .
Im doing this instead . :mrgreen: Im sorry there is no bunny in the photo.. :D
DSC01790.jpg
Thats the next quest for my build off bike but all the carts Ive ran across so far people want almost new prices for, and I refuse to spend alot on something Im going to tear apart

I'm actually working in the shop all day today, I left my camera at church and it's yet to be seen how much work I'll get done on the build-off bike as I've trended towards fixing bikes to donate to the church yard sale and tearing down bikes to clean up a little bit today.

OK, I managed to give away 2 bikes today (one had to be rebuilt), get a 17hp B&S engine running that hadn't run in years, and do some work on the sidecar, I'm really at a loss until I get some sheet metal. I wish scrap wasn't so high or people would be begging me to take theirs.

Back