█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking sweet kingfish!!! I'm still waiting for a girvin fork to find me...

Thanks, now I need to start engineering how to take apart the girvin fork legs and make my own forks.

Lookin' good! I enjoyed your build last year and can't wait to see what you do with this stellar frame and parts stash:113:

Glad you liked Firewing. I am hoping I can do this frame justice in the end.

Ah so that cardboard mock up wasn't to show what was going to be pasted to the outside of those forks... :D

No sir. I am hoping to take double sheets of this metal with about a half inch gap and make forks that look something like the inspiration ones below. I think I might even be able to keep the rusty blue as is. We'll see how it matches up.
WP_001915_zpsc5b5f0d9.jpg

index.php

what kind of blade do you use with the saber saw?

Just a normal metal cutting blade. When it comes time for the cutouts I imagine I will be doing some filing and dremelling too.

Oh man, someone took a photo of me in my build off costume!!! :eek:

Hey B how can you be riding ya bike and mines still on the basement floor!! Hahaha Ninja mode almost deactivated!! Tell suckers they can now start sweating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey B how can you be riding ya bike and mines still on the basement floor!! Hahaha Ninja mode almost deactivated!! Tell suckers they can now start sweating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's back!

Luke.

Back