เผ’โ˜  ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐•ญ๐–‘๐–†๐–ˆ๐– ๐•ป๐–Š๐–†๐–—๐–‘๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธโ˜  เผ’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

๐ฐ๐ฐ๐ฐ.๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐š๐ค๐ž.๐ง๐ฎ๐ญ
Reaction score
Nice to be back, and having the passion to build again. With so much going on in my life a rolled off into a ditch somewhere.
So I have picked myself up, and rolling again on a easy path...
Butterball Bandit is a build I wanted to do a few years ago. I still have that frame, and maybe I will still build it and finish that project off.
But now we are onto whole set of different bones as a base, and we are making Butterball 2.0.
3 reasons I have called it Butterball. First was the melting decal on the original frame,
1682925530685.png

2nd was the fatso/chubby look.
And 3rd was the 2nd part of the build, that will be exposed later down the ride...

With my new work, and living arrangements, comes more $, and more time.
So that has enabled me to purchase all new parts:grin:.
2.0 will be my main rider/daily and also for work, ( I do cycle tours) .
So it has to be comfy and meet all my needs. I have 2 ideas, one a single saddle, for my work and 2 a bench seat for comfy riding/long distance camping etc. I will be able to swap the design of the bike/style with only 4 bolts ,if I decide to go with a 2in1 look. But I am also building another bike for comfort, so 2.0 could be just for hauling and speed. And also purchasing another bike from this same company as the frame(which went bust),and not to mention repurposing the 67 racer (my first ever bike build).

The FRAME. Spring is here and first day of the build-off.
339263675_892104472067654_500331475126097449_n.jpg

A simple black matte UDX frame. BMX style.
cadre-velo-udx-original-noir-100.jpg

The forks air forks from EBP.
331418490_873527090374593_6639153188181572097_n (1).jpg

Some parts .
1682946183013.png

Old bmx bars, not sure yet, as I am waiting on some other bars coming in, along with another 2 racks. I have 2 workshops, so parts are here and there, or not.
1682946313023.png

Been looking forward to your return to the fold for quite some time MissFunk. It feels like you have your old mojo back and the world is right again.

Nice to be back, and having the passion to build again. With so much going on in my life a rolled off into a ditch somewhere.
So I have picked myself up, and rolling again on a easy path...
Butterball Bandit is a build I wanted to do a few years ago. I still have that frame, and maybe I will still build it and finish that project off.
But now we are onto whole set of different bones as a base, and we are making Butterball 2.0.
3 reasons I have called it Butterball. First was the melting decal on the original frame, View attachment 229824
2nd was the fatso/chubby look.
And 3rd was the 2nd part of the build, that will be exposed later down the ride...

With my new work, and living arrangements, comes more $, and more time.
So that has enabled me to purchase all new parts:grin:.
2.0 will be my main rider/daily and also for work, ( I do cycle tours) .
So it has to be comfy and meet all my needs. I have 2 ideas, one a single saddle, for my work and 2 a bench seat for comfy riding/long distance camping etc. I will be able to swap the design of the bike/style with only 4 bolts ,if I decide to go with a 2in1 look. But I am also building another bike for comfort, so 2.0 could be just for hauling and speed. And also purchasing another bike from this same company as the frame(which went bust),and not to mention repurposing the 67 racer (my first ever bike build).

The FRAME. Spring is here and first day of the build-off.View attachment 229828

A simple black matte UDX frame. BMX style.View attachment 229829

I feel you... haven't wrenched on anything since 2019 ๐Ÿ˜” Glad to see you getting reinspired as well. Funny, I am retaining a skull decal on my headtube as well (sorry, don't have a pic right off). Excited to see how you build this up!

I feel you... haven't wrenched on anything since 2019 ๐Ÿ˜” Glad to see you getting reinspired as well. Funny, I am retaining a skull decal on my headtube as well (sorry, don't have a pic right off). Excited to see how you build this up!
Thanks. Yeah well after I broke my ribs, I healed, and then The Beast decided to throw me again. This time straight over the bars. Doing 25k on a slope. My face was the landing pad ,slightly concussed, broke 2 fingers in several places(.... brake levers). They are still healing, but I can use them now.
So beast 2 me 0.
And the stupid thing was, my jacket had wriggled between the crate slats and locked the front wheel. Instant brakes, instant human catapult.
1682953563304.png

Air ride. Love the forks on both your builds. The width of this frame you can fit some wide tires pretty easily.

Gonna be a fun one to watch. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Stop reading my mind
1682953651988.png

Been looking forward to your return to the fold for quite some time MissFunk. It feels like you have your old mojo back and the world is right again.
Thanks KF... It has always been a want, but took some time to can...

Thanks. Yeah well after I broke my ribs, I healed, and then The Beast decided to throw me again. This time straight over the bars. Doing 25k on a slope. My face was the landing pad ,slightly concussed, broke 2 fingers in several places(.... brake levers). They are still healing, but I can use them now.
So beast 2 me 0.
Watch out for "3 strikes and yer out".

Awww chucks!!! thanks guys, to all ๐Ÿ‘† . Still trying to figure this quote thingy out.

Anything with knee saver bars is going to be good! I wanted some so much in school, finally managed to buy some in grade 8 and they stayed on my bike through multiple changes until I sold it to buy a Mountain Bike.

Anything with knee saver bars is going to be good! I wanted some so much in school, finally managed to buy some in grade 8 and they stayed on my bike through multiple changes until I sold it to buy a Mountain Bike.
Yeah I have gone with some new age krate bars? 33cm rise I think. I don't want to be leaning down so much. Even that it is a bmx frame, I want too twist it into a easy rideable distant bike. I did a extreme search and found some nice bars,but not for 150 euros... Too old to jump. :grin:
Just waiting on them,should arrive this week. I prob will put a cross bar in...

Latest posts

Back