Top Fueler Drag Forks ..... SOLD OUT!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with the sport mags is not enough people want them. Even the originsl ones on Ebay took forever to sell. I think it is because you have to put them together. I have a rim strip if you want to cut your own mag plates. Bring the cutter your hub and they can match it. You can use a 3 speed hub or a kickback hub. I tried a 5 speed but had problems with the offset. Then the rim strip is made for a Schwinn rim. I tried Schwinn, Huffy, Murray rims and all circumference are slightly different. I fit one in a Murray rim but not a Huffy.

I'm going to do some promoting for you and try and stir up some interest. ;) How about a paid pre-order to fund them once people see the other products you're putting out?

I'm going to do some promoting for you and try and stir up some interest. ;) How about a paid pre-order to fund them once people see the other products you're putting out?

I had thought of that before. I really don't want people to put up money in advance. A promise is good enough most times. I know stuff comes up and ideas come and go. If I know X amount of people want them I could make them and handle any who changed their minds. I think they could be made for 100 dollars in steel or 150 in stainless as a kit. I think if you had a truing stand they would be easy to mount. I always eyeballed it and there was always a little wobble.

Back From Polisher. Everything looks Great !

20170413_151937.jpg
20170413_151950.jpg

Fork tubes are bent and ready to go to the welder Friday morning. Funny thing happened when bending the tubes. I bent the first tube and matched it to the ones pictured and It was nowhere close. I was starting to panic because I couldn't figure out what went wrong. I even took the die out and tried to put it in wrong...lol Then I got out a tube traceing I had and it matched up perfect. I didn't notice the fork tubes I already had bent were only 30 degree bend not 60 degree like the Top Fuelers....lol Case solved.

Can't wait, I get requests for those forks weekly. I have been updating guys on the Muscle Bike Forum facebook group. I think they will sell pretty good. ;)

Funny, I get requests for them weekly too! So does Jaxon I bet lol

They will sell real fast, one of the best repops out there, that and the Hangman Noose bars.

Yeah those ACS mags worked for the mag plates too. You just need a space in the spoke for a bolt then each side of the spoke. A few people have asked about those plates too.

20170416_213352.jpg
I think I have 9 sets sold so far. These will be the best I have made so far. The pics don't show the mirror finish good. First set going to Ebay will have a 16 x 1 3/8 wheel with NOS hub stainless spokes and nos xke 990 Tire! Bolt on First Place Trophy...lol

Last edited:
Post up when you list a set I will post it all over facebook too.

The Forks are back from welding. Just have to clean up the welding blue and over all polish. They look really good. I am very happy with the work.
The top plates are not installed. I am just using one top to check the forks. They will be fresh from the polisher when you get them.

20170426_102117.jpg
20170426_102125.jpg

Here is the human robotic welding work.

20170426_102222.jpg
20170426_102155.jpg

Latest posts

Back