skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

...eh...well, the paint job really, but I guess the paint is good too... :lol:

thanks galt, appreciate that.

ok so a little more back tracking was in order.
i painted the thump tacks for the seat with rustoleum red. set can had a failer and i switched back to my old faithfull (krylon) to paint the struts and chain guard.

well the combo of the 2 red's was irritating me something fierce. they were close, but still drivin me nuts. (and theres not far to go.lol)

so i pulled all the tacks and repainted a second batch.
4t8uad.jpg

the screwdriver divides the 2 reds in the pic)
sure was nerve racking stuffing a screw driver into the seat to pull tacks. one slip up would have ruined a lot of hard work.
happy to say, it went off without a hitch. i don't think i even left a mark.

there is a slight difference. one is more of a red-orange, the other a straight red. i wouldve done the same thing. :wink:

not much progress today.
made a couple skull bolts to hold my chain guard inplace.(still one more to go)
they were just lag bolts i cut with my dremel.

f19yki.jpg

and with a little paint.
hvpkhv.jpg

i also started working on my speedometer. i have 2 which i'm undecided on using. figured i'd paint em both and donate the one i don't use as a prize.
heres the first so far.
10mvnth.jpg

w9ciki.jpg

sweeet! can i buy the other? :shock:

your attention to detail is setting the standard very high. your work is great man keep it up.

For all you "new" guys...Just to let ya know...When you think Icy is DONE, he'll take it to the next three levels.........Just when you think he can't go farther, he'll keep going and going. :lol:

KOTA said:
For all you "new" guys...Just to let ya know...When you think Icy is DONE, he'll take it to the next three levels.........Just when you think he can't go farther, he'll keep going and going. :lol:

oh shuck's buddy, your making me blush! appreciate that.

i had a really busy day (non bike building related)
however, i did get the dropouts welded and painted.
fcnv9w.jpg

and i'm sitting in front of the wackybox right now, finishing up the speedo.
qxo1fq.jpg

my girl's outta town on business all week (and last)
and i have time off right now , myself.

making the most of it and powering through the build. i don't sleep much and with nobody home, i can be loud into the wee hours of the morn.

my schedual's gonna get real busy real quick in the up coming weeks, so i'm trying to get as much done as possible.

there is one other advantage to the girlfriend being outta town. :lol:
a0j40n.jpg

Most build are banished to the kitchen. You are building it style.

the devil is in the details (no pun intended) and you got it nailed with all the paint details. very well done i still say this is a front runner

karfer67 said:
the devil is in the details (no pun intended) and you got it nailed with all the paint details. very well done i still say this is a front runner

never count your chickens before they hatch. the competion is stiff this year, i'm not looking to win, just represent!
i never thought this to be a winning design, its outta the norm for rrb and i think that in itself will cost me votes.
this years buildoff is littered with vintage treasure's with a new lease on life.
the build off's just started and i'm already having a hard time picking a favorite.
my hats off to all of you.

thx hooch. i was shooting for crazy, but insane suits me just fine. :)

Latest posts

Back