Science Step Through

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The fifth frame I'm building from scratch is going to be different from the others. For one, it'll have no stretch in it. It'll be 45" axle to axle, instead of the 55" I've used for my other builds.

Second, and more importantly, since it's for my wife, I thought I'd take on the challenge of making a girl's step through bike.

Another touch will be that the points that normally flow down towards the ground will be pointing up on this one, and they will become a built-in-the-frame rack which will carry the batteries, as this will have an electric kit on it.

I also plan on having a lot of the parts on this be vintage parts. Here's the first progress pic.

IMG_1272.jpg

Because of the forks I'm using (which I got from a member here) are longer, and I suspect from an old girl's bike, I had to either shorten the fork tube, or lengthen the head tube. Since this fork has truss rods, and I didn't want to mess with their length, I made the head tube longer. I got a second tube off of an old BMX frame, cut off an inch, and welded it on the first one. I'm not sure it's perfect, but it'll do the job.

I'll be watching :D I had a loosely similar looking idea for a 26" kick bike with a foot platform on each side, wish I had time :lol:

Latest posts

Back