Schwinn Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would you pay for this bike???

typhoon.jpg

I don't think Typhoons ever came with a streamline tank. Front racks came on Deluxe Typhoons. Optional on others.

When buying middleweight Schwinns it always comes down to the tires for me. Special tires for S-7 rims. If tires are good and useable, pay more. If the tires are shot, pay less. Gary

Thanks guys! It was a little rougher than it comes across in the picture. The tires are completely dry rotted, wheels are S-7's might be salvageable, but I might just switch to 26's. The guy was asking $100, but ended up buying it for $50. I'm pretty happy with that, $40 would have been better, but whatever. Of course after paying him for it he tells me he bought this bike, another one in about the same condition, and a mower all for $20!!! I really don't like it when people rub it in ur face that they profitted off of me!!!

Let the build begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice bike. The chrome is pretty good quality, it might be all there, but it does look rusted through on the rims, but I've been surprised by Schwinn chrome before.

As for the guy rubbing it in your face, the next time you see him, tell him it was a 72 model, and some guy wanted it so bad, he gave you a hundred bucks for it, without you even cleaning it up. Thank him and ask him to let you in on any more good deals he might have in the future.

subi4life said:
Thanks guys! It was a little rougher than it comes across in the picture. The tires are completely dry rotted, wheels are S-7's might be salvageable, but I might just switch to 26's. The guy was asking $100, but ended up buying it for $50. I'm pretty happy with that, $40 would have been better, but whatever. Of course after paying him for it he tells me he bought this bike, another one in about the same condition, and a mower all for $20!!! I really don't like it when people rub it in ur face that they profitted off of me!!!

Let the build begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but such is life, you know if you found them for $20 you'd do the same. Even at $50 you got a deal, I've seen guys pay that for a frame and fork.

Latest posts

Back