My patina'd rat project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, at least I didn't name it Max Klinger though lol. I'm thinking next is to slap some cream 26's on it or my 24x3 thick bricks if I find a 24" coaster. Speaking of patina I missed a complete patina'd rollfast on craigslist today for $20 dang it. I bet someone bought it for yard art too.

So here's my favorite look so far. I'm not big on red rims with them being played out, but I think they do give me the style I was going for and at least the frame's not flat black. I think with the new thick bricks and 24" aluminum rims painted red it finally gives it the look of an old military bike turned rat. I love the stance and look without the fenders or chopper forks and the free wheel rim and tires provide the smoothest ride thus far. Since I'm running 24's on a 26" frame/fork with a free wheel I needed a brake so I made a drop bracket for the fork and ran an old rusty front brake with OCC pads spaced far inside so everything would clear the fat tire. Any feedback and opinions/tips are welcomed here.
001-11.jpg

002-8.jpg

looks even better!!Love the wheel and tire combo 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back