Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mustgo

Dude, how can you just casually say, by the way, here are some of the forks that I am thinking about using. Can you help me choose between AWESOME, AWESOME, or AWESOME.

I am in awe of your parts. You have my attention.

Today I played with the bike's stance...I'm really liking its direction
91ee4513.jpg

0bfefcf0.jpg

That is a Good Lookin bike you got going on there,,,,
And as everyone else has said , a nice lot of parts to choose from.... which brings me to something else...
Out of all those great forks and springers you show us, you go and put on a Rat-Trap Spaceliner springer not even shown...
Vary, vary Nice....

Yea, those vintage race bars are the hottest - dude you've got a ton of CWC parts I need. I have a 1940 frame identical to yours that is dying for a tank - leave me one in your will, please! Should be a great build to watch, of course I am partial to CWCs. Robert

Slap a chain on and your done.

fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
Slap a chain on and your done.

Oh no...I only just begun. The creative mind never ends, there's more to come. Stay tuned :D

Yeah,Man :!: That's what I like to hear :!:

Not much progress this week...had personal matters that took priority, plus this weekend is shot. However I did dig up a few items for the build. What kind of seat to throw on the bike has had me stumped, although I have a selection of traditional long spring seats to pull from, I wanted something a more characteristic of a Rat Rod (raw & rough). I've decided to go a different route without springs and an undercarriage. Hopefully next week I'll be able to jump on it and have it mocked up?
d681a5f7.jpg

Bought this really cool 12" chainring off eBay, I don't think it's a Racycle sprocket...any thoughts as to what it could be off of?
89e2cc91.jpg

I say that you should weld all of those sprockets together and weld them to the bike as a body insert. That's art man!

fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
I say that you should weld all of those sprockets together and weld them to the bike as a body insert. That's art man!
...cool idea, how about doing it as a fender ornament? :D

Or as one side of some fender skirts!!

kingfish254 said:
fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
...cool idea, how about doing it as a fender ornament? :D

Or as one side of some fender skirts!!

Sounds like a Steampunk direction? I like it!

Re: Mustgo – update 5/22

When you get a certain age, slow and steady is preferred...I'm taking my time on this build. I've spent the last few days trying to figure out a seat direction? I want the placement to be as low as possible over the frame (no springs), so I've settled on a hard pan! I walked away from my initial design and decided on a full under pan to stiffen the original seat. I was able to shape it out of a piece of 1/8" metal. I literally beat the crap out of it with a ball-peen hammer on a large anvil ...
10c280cc.jpg

I'm happy with how it turned out!
e0f1b87a.jpg

Finished the sprocket, it's now ready; centered and seated with the crank arm in place. Drilled a new hole in the sprocket, and added a shim for it to fit the hole.
7d60165d.jpg

Tomorrow I'll pick up some thin foam for the seat and try my hand at stitching the "M" design into some scrap leather before I wrap the seat.
60ea2bde.jpg

Latest posts

Back